Binary package “cupt” in ubuntu precise
alternative front-end for dpkg -- console interface
This package provides a console interface to Cupt library, which is a
re-implementation of libapt-pkg C++ library. The aim is to produce
more strict, more robust, less buggy front-end than APT.
Cupt uses the same APT infrastructure, e.g. index files, deb cache archive
files, configuration files. It understands some of widely used APT options.
- strict full-case resolver;
- resolver reasons tracking;
- command-line and APT-like option name checker;
- case-sensitive search;
- pinning by source package name;
- pinning by package groups using shell-like patterns;
- configurable 'depends' and 'rdepends' subcommands;
- 'satisfy' subcommand;
- support of LZMA-compressed indexes;
- source versions synchronization;
- 'shell' subcommand (to get command history, search etc. working, install
the package 'libreadline6');
- integration with debdelta (to get it, install the package 'debdelta');
- system snapshots (needs packages 'dpkg-dev' and 'dpkg-repack').
Its interface is mostly like apt-get/aptitude console interface.