Binary package “inn” in ubuntu precise
News transport system `InterNetNews' by the ISC and Rich Salz
This is INN version 1.x, provided for smaller sites which do not need
the complexity of INN 2.x.
Large sites should use Debian's inn2 package instead.
The news transport is the part of the system that stores the articles
and the lists of which groups are available and so on, and provides
those articles on request to users. It receives news (either posted
locally or from a newsfeed site), files it, and passes it on to any
downstream sites. Each article is kept for a period of time and then
deleted (this is known as `expiry').
By default Debian's INN will install in a fairly simple `local-only'
In order to make use of the services provided by INN you'll have to
use a user-level newsreader program such as trn. The newsreader is
the program that fetches articles from the server and shows them to
the user, remembering which the user has seen so that they don't get
shown again. It also provides the posting interface for the user.
- inn 1:1.7.2q-40build1 in amd64 (Release)
- inn 1:1.7.2q-40build2 in amd64 (Release)
- inn 1:1.7.2q-40build1 in armel (Release)
- inn 1:1.7.2q-40build2 in armel (Release)
- inn 1:1.7.2q-40build2 in armhf (Release)
- inn 1:1.7.2q-40build1 in i386 (Release)
- inn 1:1.7.2q-40build2 in i386 (Release)
- inn 1:1.7.2q-40build1 in powerpc (Release)
- inn 1:1.7.2q-40build2 in powerpc (Release)