Binary package “libao-common” in ubuntu precise
Cross Platform Audio Output Library (Common files)
Libao is a cross-platform audio library that allows programs to output audio
using a simple API on a wide variety of platforms. It currently supports:
* Null output (handy for testing without a sound device)
* WAV files
* AU files
* OSS (Open Sound System, used on Linux and FreeBSD)
* ALSA (Advanced Linux Sound Architecture)
* PulseAudio (next generation GNOME sound server)
* esd (EsounD or Enlightened Sound Daemon)
* and several others.
This package contains config files and man pages for libao.