Binary package “maildrop” in ubuntu precise
mail delivery agent with filtering abilities
maildrop is a mail delivery agent (MDA), a program which reads a mail
message from standard input and then delivers the message to your mailbox.
maildrop can deliver mail both in mbox and maildir storing formats.
It can read instructions from a file, directing it how to log deliveries,
and how to filter incoming mail, for example to deliver mail to alternate
mailboxes, or forward it somewhere else, or pipe it through external
It performs all the same functions as procmail, but unlike procmail,
maildrop uses a structured filtering language which is a bit easier
on the eyes. Other differences from procmail include not skipping syntax
errors in filter files (instead deferring the mails for later processing)
and being more resource-efficient when processing mails (not loading
large messages right into memory).
maildrop also comes with the following additional programs:
* reformail, an e-mail reformatting tool, which can detect duplicate
* maildirmake, which creates maildirs, and maildir folders
* deliverquota, which delivers mail to maildirs while taking account
* reformime, a utility for reformatting MIME messages
* makemime, which creates MIME-formatted messages of arbitrary complexity
* lockmail, which creates dot-locks, file locks, and C-Client folder locks
* mailbot, a MIME-aware autoresponder utility
This Debian maildrop package is patched with Dovecot auth user lookup patch.
- maildrop 2.2.0-3.1 in amd64 (Release)
- maildrop 2.5.5-1 in amd64 (Release)
- maildrop 2.2.0-3.1 in armel (Release)
- maildrop 2.5.5-1 in armel (Release)
- maildrop 2.5.5-1 in armhf (Release)
- maildrop 2.2.0-3.1 in i386 (Release)
- maildrop 2.5.5-1 in i386 (Release)
- maildrop 2.2.0-3.1 in powerpc (Release)
- maildrop 2.5.5-1 in powerpc (Release)