Binary package “siggen” in ubuntu precise
Waveform generation tools
a set of tools for imitating a laboratory Signal Generator,
generating audio signals out of Linux's /dev/dsp audio device. There
is support for mono and/or stereo and 8 or 16 bit samples. The tools
* soundinfo: display some of the programming capabilities of the
sound system support for the mixer device /dev/mixer and the DSP
device. Also shows some of the ioctl calls in action.
* signalgen: a command line signal generator where details are specified
from the command line for generating sine, cos, square, triangle,
sawtooth, pulse, noise waves. Frequency, sample rate, relative
amplitude etc. can be specified through command line options. The
signal is played continuously until the program is stopped. There
are options to save the basic raw digital samples raw to file or to a
WAVE format file.
* swgen: a command line sweep generator. Both the sweeping and
swept waveforms can be specified, along with the sweeping frequency
and the swept frequency range. Otherwise similar to sgen above.
* siggen: an Ncurses screen based Signal Generator for two separate
channels. On stereo audio cards the two channels are played on
separate outputs. On mono cards the two channels are digitally mixed
onto the one output. Type of waveform, frequency, amplitude, sample
rate etc are specified/changed via a screen menu. It plays
continuously. Changes to parameters take effect nearly immediately.
* sweepgen: an Ncurses screen based Sweep generator (see swgen and
* tones: a command line program to generate several successive tones
of varying frequency, and optional differing waveforms, durations and
intensities. The sequence of tones can be either played once, or
repetitively or the samples can be written to a file in raw or WAV
format. This could make the basis of an auto-dialer for tone phones.
* smix: a simple command line program for getting and setting the
* fsynth: an Ncurses based fourier synthesis realtime generator.
- siggen 2.3.10-2 in amd64 (Release)
- siggen 2.3.10-4 in amd64 (Release)
- siggen 2.3.10-2 in armel (Release)
- siggen 2.3.10-4 in armel (Release)
- siggen 2.3.10-4 in armhf (Release)
- siggen 2.3.10-2 in i386 (Release)
- siggen 2.3.10-4 in i386 (Release)
- siggen 2.3.10-2 in powerpc (Release)
- siggen 2.3.10-4 in powerpc (Release)