Binary package “sysstat” in ubuntu precise
system performance tools for Linux
The sysstat package contains the following system performance tools:
- sar: collects and reports system activity information;
- iostat: reports CPU utilization and disk I/O statistics;
- mpstat: reports global and per-processor statistics;
- pidstat: reports statistics for Linux tasks (processes);
- sadf: displays data collected by sar in various formats.
The statistics reported by sar deal with I/O transfer rates,
paging activity, process-related activities, interrupts,
network activity, memory and swap space utilization, CPU
utilization, kernel activities and TTY statistics, among
others. Both UP and SMP machines are fully supported.