Binary package “libsoup2.4-dev” in ubuntu quantal
HTTP library implementation in C -- Development files
It was originally part of a SOAP (Simple Object Access Protocol)
implementation called Soup, but the SOAP and non-SOAP parts have now been
split into separate packages.
libsoup uses the Glib main loop and is designed to work well with GTK+
applications. This enables GNOME applications to access HTTP servers
on the network in a completely asynchronous fashion, very similar to
the GTK+ programming model (a synchronous operation mode is also
supported for those who want it).
* Both asynchronous (GMainLoop and callback-based) and synchronous APIs
* Automatically caches connections
* SSL Support using GnuTLS
* Proxy support, including authentication and SSL tunneling
* Client support for Digest, NTLM, and Basic authentication
* Server support for Digest and Basic authentication
* Basic client-side SOAP and XML-RPC support
This package contains the development files.