Binary package “python-cheetah” in ubuntu quantal
text-based template engine and Python code generator
Cheetah can be used as a standalone templating utility or referenced as a
library from other Python applications. It has many potential uses, but web
developers looking for a viable alternative to ASP, JSP, PHP and PSP are
expected to be its principle user group.
* Generates HTML, SGML, XML, SQL, Postscript, form email, LaTeX, or any other
* Cleanly separates content, graphic design, and program code.
* Blends the power and flexibility of Python with a simple template language
that non-programmers can understand.
* Gives template writers full access to any Python data structure, module,
function, object, or method in their templates.
* Makes code reuse easy by providing an object-orientated interface to
templates that is accessible from Python code or other Cheetah templates.
One template can subclass another and selectively reimplement sections of
* Provides a simple, yet powerful, caching mechanism that can dramatically
improve the performance of a dynamic website.
* Compiles templates into optimized, yet readable, Python code.