postgresql-9.1 (9.1.7-0ubuntu12.10) quantal-proposed; urgency=low
* New upstream bug fix release: (LP: #1088393)
- Fix multiple bugs associated with "CREATE INDEX CONCURRENTLY".
Fix "CREATE INDEX CONCURRENTLY" to use in-place updates when
changing the state of an index's pg_index row. This prevents race
conditions that could cause concurrent sessions to miss updating
the target index, thus resulting in corrupt concurrently-created
Also, fix various other operations to ensure that they ignore
invalid indexes resulting from a failed "CREATE INDEX CONCURRENTLY"
command. The most important of these is "VACUUM", because an
auto-vacuum could easily be launched on the table before corrective
action can be taken to fix or remove the invalid index.
- Fix buffer locking during WAL replay.
The WAL replay code was insufficiently careful about locking
buffers when replaying WAL records that affect more than one page.
This could result in hot standby queries transiently seeing
inconsistent states, resulting in wrong answers or unexpected
- See HISTORY/changelog.gz for the other bug fixes.
* Drop 00git_ecpg_array_bounds.patch, fixed upstream.
-- Martin Pitt <email address hidden> Mon, 10 Dec 2012 15:00:57 +0100