News and announcements
Bug fix release:
* Enforce 'initctl set-env' from being called from system job
* Defer use of remove-on-empty to stop session-level cgroup jobs
from racing with cgmanager which can remove the cgroup before
subsequent job processes have been moved into them
* Fix for handling upgrade from non-stateful-
* Disable chroot sessions by default. A new '--chroot-sessions'
command-line option restores the old default behaviour.
* New tests and improved documentation.
* Fix for Session Init umask change on re-exec (LP: #1302117).
* Allow '--confdir' to look for system jobs in multiple
locations, which also adds new command-line options
* Allow initctl(8) commands 'set-env' and 'unset-env' to operate on
multiple environment variables (LP: #1324096).
* Support for cgroups via a new 'cgroup' stanza. This makes use of
cgmanager(8) and is available to both System and Session Inits.
Support for cgroups can be disabled at built-time if required. See
init(5) for 'cgroup' stanza syntax and examples.
* Stop Upstart indirectly stealing console ownership (most noticeably when run in a container).
* Fixed bug that could result in incorrect output from initctl(8) environment commands.
* Fixed incorrect variable usage which could result in a crash (LP: #1222705).
* Fixed stateful re-exec issue triggered by invalid jobs (LP: #1269731).
* Stateful re-exec fix to serialise the D-Bus session bus (LP: #1258098).
* init-checkconf(8) now uses a Session Init and can also now be run as root.
* Allow telinit(8) to work on systems with no D-Bus system bus.
* Numerous test improvements.
* Lots of man-page improvements.