News and announcements
* Stop Upstart indirectly stealing console ownership (most noticeably when run in a container).
* Fixed bug that could result in incorrect output from initctl(8) environment commands.
* Fixed incorrect variable usage which could result in a crash (LP: #1222705).
* Fixed stateful re-exec issue triggered by invalid jobs (LP: #1269731).
* Stateful re-exec fix to serialise the D-Bus session bus (LP: #1258098).
* init-checkconf(8) now uses a Session Init and can also now be run as root.
* Allow telinit(8) to work on systems with no D-Bus system bus.
* Numerous test improvements.
* Lots of man-page improvements.
* Add '--no-dbus' command-line option for the init(8) daemon (allowing
event propagation to the Session Init via the upstart-
* Serialise Session Init job environment table on re-exec (LP: #1238078).
- Allow watching for directory creation (LP: #1221466).
- Reduce default output.
checks on input validity (LP: #1234898).
* Improved Session Init shutdown speed (LP: #1227212).
* New configure options: '--disable-
* Added upstart-
* Retain umask for Session Init (LP: #1240686).
* Make Session Init connect to D-Bus Session Bus on request
(LP: #1203595, #1235649)
* Improved build-time ABI compliance checking.
* Doc updates and lots of test refinements.
* New "reload signal" stanza to allow jobs to specify a custom signal that will be sent to the main process
(rather than the default SIGHUP).
* Inclusion of Session Init sample jobs.
* Re-exec fixes for handling chroot sessions.
* Shutdown fix for Session Inits.
* New python3 module and accompanying integration test suite for testing Upstart running as PID 1 and as a Session Init
(priveleged and non-privileged).
* Fix respawn behaviour regression (introduced in version 1.8) affecting
jobs which also specify shell meta-characters in the exec stanza (LP: #1181789).
* Fix common bug which could cause a bridge to crash (LP: #1197225).
* Various fixes for libupstart.
* initctl2dot: Layout improvements.