Various improvements and bug fixes. Now includes "logd" utility for logging output of jobs.
- Assigned to you:
- No blueprints or bugs assigned to you.
- No users assigned to blueprints and bugs.
- No blueprints are targeted to this milestone.
- No bugs are targeted to this milestone.
Download files for this release
* "initctl shutdown EVENT" added that performs the same job as
* "logd" has now been written, if installed this is started by init
before sending the "startup" call and all jobs with "console logged"
(the default) will have their output sent to this daemon. It
currently just logs to /var/log/boot.
* "shutdown -k" implemented.
* The "shutdown" utility has been changed to generate "system-halt"
for "-H", "power-off" for "-P" and just "halt" if only "-h" given.
* If "shutdown" is run when running under sysvinit, it will now
send the appropriate /dev/initctl message to allow upgrades.
* "telinit S" implemented.
* Instead of trying to start or stop jobs, "telinit" now just sends
* The "telinit" utility now ensures a "shutdown" event is sent
before switching to runlevel 0, 1 or 6.
* If "telinit" is installed and init is called by the super-user,
"telinit" is invoked instead.
* Basic manual pages included.
0 blueprints and 0 bugs targeted
There are no feature specifications or bug tasks targeted to this milestone. The project's maintainer, driver, or bug supervisor can target specifications and bug tasks to this milestone to track the things that are expected to be completed for the release.