How do I verify a
* Snapshot from revision 163
* Fixed bug #494026
* Fixed bug #414018
* Fixed bug #423476
* Fixed bug #413995
* Fixed bug #414003
* Fixed bug #413438
* Minor UI changes
* New features:
- Device Usage Analisys;
- More notifications;
- Better support for Red Hat based distributions (as Fedora).
- EXT File System formating support.
- Smart umounting.
- Added GOBjects Signals usage;
* Unfinished Translations:
** Visibly the USBManager has the following improvements **
- Better support for Red Hat based distributions (as Fedora): This new funcionality was resulted by the work on Bug #423476. As Red Hat based distributions does not use gksudo was created a routine to pre-select the proper command used to "become root". Actually this routine searches for the following functions: gksudo, gksu and beesu. If none of those are supported by you Linux distribution, please report a bug here (https://bugs.launchpad.net/usbmanager), inform which graphical front-end for sudo can be used and I'll provide the correction immediately.
- New Disk usage window design: The Disk Usage window now has collored bars, used to highlight the biggest files and folders. Also, a device macro analysis wes added, providing and overview of the total number of files, average size of files, total number of folders and average size of folders.
- EXT File System formating support: USBManager 1.0.0 supports formating for the following file systems: FAT16, FAT32, NTFS, EXT2, EXT3 e EXT4.
- Smart umounting: The device is automatically umounted before changing the device label.
- More notifications: Some more new notifications were added in 1.0.0. Ex: Umounted device notification.
** The most important non-visual improvements are highlighted below **
- GOBjects Signals: All objects inside USBManager communicate with signals, reducing the usage of pointers nad bringing more code flexibility.
On demand analysis: The Disk Usage tool was modified to provide file/folder scanning and analysis only when a folder is selected. This modification was made to reduce the Disk Usage Tool startup time and making it more fast and user friendly.
-Community translations: USBManager started using Rosetta, launchpad's translation tool (https://translations.launchpad.net/usbmanager). With this, the USBManager translations can be made trough the Web without the need to install some additional software. The translated strings are sporadicly merged into the USBManager's code.
- More translations: Further on Brazilian Portuguese translation were added more 5 languages (thanks for the lanchpad community contributions): Dutch, French, German, Russian and Spanish. Actually, there are unfinished translations for Thai (25% translated), Turkish (84% translated) and Arabic (23% translated).
** Bugs **
"Minor bugs" corrections:
Details in the README
Renaming of the .desktop file
"Error" repeatedly spelled as "Erro"
"Average bugs" corrections:
Wrong script end-of-line-encoding
"Critical bugs" corrections:
Release candidate for USBManager 1.0.
It still doesn't have all it's desired features but is almost there.
* Major UI changes including:
- A SystemTray Icon;
- Revamped MainWindow with icons to identify device types and a Toolbar;
- Revamped PropertiesWindow replacing expansor by tabs;
- Provide more device informations.
* New features:
- Formating devices;
* Many 'under the rood' changes;
* Installation script using distutils (setup.py);