How do I verify a
* Revive firstscripts plugins. This fixes the --firstboot and --firstlogin
options, both of which went missing with 0.12.
* Make Plugin.install_file work in non-context plugins (plugins that are not
Distros or Hypervisors).
* Do a slightly better job at cleaning up after ourselves by removing the
distro chroot by default and removing the temporary root mount point.
* Revive QEMu hypervisor.
* Reworked the way timezones and locales are handled. This fixes an
actual problem with /etc/localtime not being set correctly, and fixes
a theoretical problem with people not running VMBuilder on Ubuntu.
* Resurrect -o (--overwrite) which went missing with 0.12.0.
* Resurrect Xen support which went missing with 0.12.0.
* Moved test directory under VMBuilder/ and include it in the tarball.
* Revive ubuntu-vm-builder (which rotted during the 0.11 -> 0.12 transition)
* Skip tests that need root, if not run as root.
* Fix installing onto logical volumes.
* Fix --raw handling.
* Refresh documenation in disk.py
* Improve handling of non-string settings from command line and config files.
* A big bunch of cleanups, most thanks to pyflakes.
This is a major bugfix release of the 0.12 branch. See the NEWS file for details.
* Added NEWS file
* IntegerSetting.set_value now attempts to convert the given value
to an int instead of rejecting it outright.
* Bypass blkid cache.
* Move initctl out of the way during package installs in Ubuntu plugin.
* Update VMWare driver to 0.12 API
* Support separate /boot partitions.
* Update --part handling to 0.12 API.
* Make sure the given MAC is used in the libvirt domain template.
* Update libvirt plugin to 0.12 API.
* Check for hvm capabilities during preflight check.
* Add option to specify a seedfile which will be fed into the debconf
database. This enables installing packages like sun-java6-jre which
requires the user to accept an EULA.
* Correctly handle config keys with dashes in them.
* Update postinst plugin to 0.12 API.
* If trying to install a file to a nonexisting directory, the directory
will be created first.
* Refresh the valid_flavours for jaunty, karmic, and Lucid.
* Remove lpia from Lucid.
* Rewrite $LANG (s/utf8$/UTF-8/) so that locale-gen is happy again.
* Bail out early if destdir already exists.
* Re-add the option to specify a custom template directory.
* Re-add the option to specify a config file.
* Default to ext3 for Dapper through Jaunty
* Support non-dhcp network configurations.
This is the first release of the 0.12 series of VMBuilder.
It is known to not have feature parity with 0.11 at the moment. This is being worked on.
The most interesting changes are:
The build process has been split in two:
The first step is the creation of a destination hypervisor (or platform) agnostic distro chroot.
The second step is taking this chroot and customising it for and installing it into the hypervisor.
The cli tool lets you do this separately, so that you can build one chroot and use it for multiple hypervisors.
There's a new config system, which makes configuration handling inside VMBuilder more explicit. This should, in turn, provide a simpler way for frontends to present all the available options to the user.
This is an early release. Expect a bumpy ride until 0.12...