How do I verify a
md5sum 1a864cb4ff82798931c23737298db1b7 whaawmp-0.2.14.tar.bz2
sha256sum b4ce6113879c2ffb50868d5df471380de1fb8800ce2191cc7f0821f1d11a61da whaawmp-0.2.14.tar.bz2
Still the usual dependencies: python2 >= 2.5, pygtk >= 2.12, gstreamer-python >= 0.10, gstreamer-base >= 0.10.17, gstreamer-good >= 0.10, pyxdg.
- dbus-python >= 0.80 for single window mode.
- gstreamer-bad >= 0.10.8 for DVD menu support.
Changes since 0.2.12:
- 'Hide Video Window' option removed since it caused way too many crashes.
- Use 'xdg-screensaver' for disabling the screensaver rather than configuring it through the config.
- Tag reading rework.
- Allow adding subtitle files to videos (Accessible through the open file dialogue, also a subtitles 'manager' is available under the 'Stream' menu).
- Fix some weird bug with the tagger producing multiple lists of tags, rather than just one.
- New translations.
- Use the same executable to run whaawmp as was used to run setup.py (for systems which have python3 as default python)
A quick bugfix
- DVD menu navigation support with resindvd (in recent gstreamer-bad packages)
- Change to playbin2 (thus requiring gstreamer-base >= 0.10.17)
- F11 now fullscreens
- Move to gtkBuilder thus requiring gtk 2.12 or above (hopefully 2.12 will work, I haven't actually tested it)
- Up glib dependency to 2.14 (released around GTK 2.12)
- make.py is now setup.py for compatability reasons
- Use inbuilt gtk volume slider.
- Add a random menu item (will play queued items in a random order)
The main reason for this release is the fix a
rather serious bug when passing a URI when whaawmp is already running.
Changes since 0.2.8 include:
-Close/Quit on Ctrl+W aswell as Ctrl+Q
-New option in selecting the audio device: Auto/Default
-Fix bug when passing a URI and whaawmp is already running (also affected
opening files from nautilus)
-Fix lockups on some computers
-Fix problem with trying to use certain videosinks
And other small changes
With this release comes a python2.4 release in case you're still using it.
Other changes include:
-Removal of mutagen usage, I can do everything I wanted with gstreamer.
-More queue improvements, including: new add button, double click to play, etc.
-Opening multiple files via File->Open now adds extra files to the queue.
-Refactor preferences window.
-Change the way we do brightness controls etc, now it uses software instead of hardware. This pulls in gstreamer0.10-good as a dependency.
-Add device selection in the preferences window for audio output, it only lists alsa devices.
-Add an 'Advanced controls' panel (open via View), the only thing there at the moment is to change the speed of playback.
- Make sure crazy crashes don't happen on slower computers.
- Queue window is now not in a new window, but inside the main one.
- Toggle queue window on 'q'.
- Try to exit gracefully on a TERM signal.
- Add DBus functionality (optional), new behaviour includes:
-- Opening a file while Whaaw! Media Player is already running now queues the new track by default (can be changed in preferences).
-- Command line options: --play, --pause etc etc
- Store each files tags in a dictionary so we don't have to keep reading them (increase speed).
- Other random stuff.