WICD 1.7.2 has been released tonight.
This release was not really expected for now, but a security issue was found, and that pushed me to release what I had ready, instead of waiting for more bugfixes.
All the remaining fixes which were planned for 1.7.2 (and not already done) have been postponed to 1.7.3.
Here's the NEWS file:
- Fix local privilege escalation when setting configuration properties
through the daemon's DBus interface (CVE-2012-2095).
- Support passing no driver to wpa_supplicant.
- Fixed installation instructions, with the new >= 1.7.1 commands.
- Fixed typo preventing DHCP hostname from properly working.
- Renamed wpa templates to clarify usage.
- Fixed wicd-cli crash when switching wired network profiles.
- Fallback to mode 'Master' if 'None' is detected when scanning wifi
- Fixed bug when trying to start wicd multiple times.
- Fixed wicd-curses crash when trying to select wired encryption type,
thanks to Joe MacMahon.
- Fixed wicd-curses crash with UTF-8 encryption types.
- Fixed wicd-daemon crash when child_pid is undefined, thanks to