This tool is used for writing images to USB sticks or SD/CF cards on Windows.
This program was initially written to fill a need for Ubuntu Jaunty (9.04) Netbook Remix. Recently, it has grown in popularity for other project developers, namely Arm development projects (Android, Ubuntu on Arm, etc). Anyone is free to branch and modify this program. Patches are always welcome.
This project is currently being migrated to Sourceforge. Please be patient.
Downloads are now on Sourceforge only.
All code Code
- Version control system:
- Programming languages:
- C++, QT
All questions Latest questions
launchpad.net/win32-image-writer/+download there is no zip file to download
Posted on 2017-01-04
Does win32diskimage work with OS windows 10?
Posted on 2016-12-11
unable to find iso image file
Posted on 2016-12-01
Get Error message when trying to install program
Posted on 2016-06-08
Adding other checksums
Posted on 2016-05-05
All FAQs FAQs for Image Writer
- I wrote a downloaded image to my removable drive, now Windows says it is corrupted
- What tools are used to build Win32DiskImager
- Image Writer keeps popping up "Access Denied" Error 5, what can i do ?
- Is there a way to recover an SD/USB/External drive after it has been written to?
- What is the Export Classification Number (ECCN) for Win32Disk Imager
All bugs Latest bugs reported
Bug #1628259: An error accured when attempting to write handle. Error 2
Reported on 2016-09-27
Bug #1576223: Visual C++ Runtime Library
Reported on 2016-04-28
Bug #1566640: Patriot LX Series 128GB gives error 21 when writing
Reported on 2016-04-06
Bug #1551898: Win32 Disk Imager utility does not launch after install
Reported on 2016-03-01
Bug #1531682: win32 disk imager micro sd card size
Reported on 2016-01-07