This tool is used for writing images to USB sticks or SD/CF cards on Windows.
This program was initially written to fill a need for Ubuntu Jaunty (9.04) Netbook Remix. Recently, it has grown in popularity for other project developers, namely Arm development projects (Android, Ubuntu on Arm, etc). Anyone is free to branch and modify this program. Patches are always welcome.
This project is currently being migrated to Sourceforge. Please be patient.
Downloads are now on Sourceforge only.
All FAQs FAQs for Image Writer
- What tools are used to build Win32DiskImager
- Image Writer keeps popping up "Access Denied" Error 5, what can i do ?
- Is there a way to recover an SD/USB/External drive after it has been written to?
- What is the Export Classification Number (ECCN) for Win32Disk Imager
- Error 23 - "an error occurred when attempting to write data from handle"
All bugs Latest bugs reported
Bug #1399045: Better Command line Parsing
Reported on 2014-12-04
Bug #1330125: Multi-partition SD card only partly copied.
Reported on 2014-06-14
Bug #1323876: Installer doesn't create the correct permissions on install
Reported on 2014-05-27
Bug #1317084: Writing to 32 gig SD Micro Card Issue
Reported on 2014-05-07
Bug #1306308: no deja descargar dice q no hay nada
Reported on 2014-04-11