This tool is used for writing images to USB sticks or SD/CF cards on Windows.
This program was initially written to fill a need for Ubuntu Jaunty (9.04) Netbook Remix. Recently, it has grown in popularity for other project developers, namely Arm development projects (Android, Ubuntu on Arm, etc). Anyone is free to branch and modify this program. Patches are always welcome.
This project is currently being migrated to Sourceforge. Please be patient.
Downloads are now on Sourceforge only.
All code Code
- Version control system:
- Programming languages:
- C++, QT
All questions Latest questions
All FAQs FAQs for Image Writer
- I wrote a downloaded image to my removable drive, now Windows says it is corrupted
- What tools are used to build Win32DiskImager
- Image Writer keeps popping up "Access Denied" Error 5, what can i do ?
- Is there a way to recover an SD/USB/External drive after it has been written to?
- What is the Export Classification Number (ECCN) for Win32Disk Imager
All bugs Latest bugs reported
Bug #1576223: Visual C++ Runtime Library
Reported on 2016-04-28
Bug #1566640: Patriot LX Series 128GB gives error 21 when writing
Reported on 2016-04-06
Bug #1551898: Win32 Disk Imager utility does not launch after install
Reported on 2016-03-01
Bug #1531682: win32 disk imager micro sd card size
Reported on 2016-01-07
Bug #1524073: Warning: sourceforge is packing malware in the installer
Reported on 2015-12-08