This tool is used for writing images to USB sticks or SD/CF cards on Windows.
This program was initially written to fill a need for Ubuntu Jaunty (9.04) Netbook Remix. Recently, it has grown in popularity for other project developers, namely Arm development projects (Android, Ubuntu on Arm, etc). Anyone is free to branch and modify this program. Patches are always welcome.
This project is currently being migrated to Sourceforge. Please be patient.
Downloads are now on Sourceforge only.
All FAQs FAQs for Image Writer
- What tools are used to build Win32DiskImager
- Image Writer keeps popping up "Access Denied" Error 5, what can i do ?
- Is there a way to recover an SD/USB/External drive after it has been written to?
- What is the Export Classification Number (ECCN) for Win32Disk Imager
- Error 23 - "an error occurred when attempting to write data from handle"
All bugs Latest bugs reported
Bug #1306308: no deja descargar dice q no hay nada
Reported on 2014-04-11
Bug #1298124: CF/SD card, with visible NTFS partition, Access issue under Windows 7
Reported on 2014-03-27
Bug #1297758: Better italian translation
Reported on 2014-03-26
Bug #1285238: Need to check filename text box for valid filename (not just a directory).
Reported on 2014-02-26
Bug #1281788: subst drive causes launch error
Reported on 2014-02-18
All questions Latest questions
CDN (Global) for your Open Source project.
Posted on 2014-04-15
Drive apparently unformatted and much smaller 16GB->2GB after win32DiskImager
Posted on 2014-04-07
USB with chromium os not booting
Posted on 2014-04-04
Device Selection Dropdown has no entries
Posted on 2014-03-26
Supplementary to Question #244620 - now get Error 5
Posted on 2014-02-26