This is a simple client plugin for Music Player Daemon. To build it, libmpd headers and library are used if found, but it'll use a lighter internal socket interface if you don't have libmpd.
* send Play/Stop/
* uses gtk-theme media icons (at least nuvola, tango and rodent themes provides these icons)
* decrease/increase volume using the mouse wheel.
* show the current volume, status and title as a tooltip when passing the mouse over the plugin.
* show a simple playlist window upon middle-click, permitting to select a track to play
* configurable MPD host/port/password.
* toggles repeat/random features + enable/disable MPD outputs in the right-click menu.
* launch configurable client (gmpc, xterm -e ncmpc,..) through right-click menu
* configurable markup for tooltip and playlist, using a gmpc-like markup :
- playlist accepts %artist%, %title%, %album% and %track%
- tooltip accepts the same plus %vol%, %status% and %newline%
All packages Packages in Distributions
xfce4-mpc-plugin source package in Vivid
Version 0.4.5-0ubuntu1 uploaded on 2015-03-06
xfce4-mpc-plugin source package in Utopic
Version 0.4.4-3 uploaded on 2014-10-15
xfce4-mpc-plugin source package in Trusty
Version 0.4.4-2ubuntu1 uploaded on 2013-10-15
xfce4-mpc-plugin source package in Precise
Version 0.4.0-0ubuntu1 uploaded on 2012-02-13