Sputnik Kernel PPA
Sputnik project PPA
Maintainer: Kamal Mostafa <email address hidden>
ALL FIXES HAVE BEEN INCORPORATED into standard Ubuntu kernels (some are currently pending in the -proposed archive as of 2013-10-01). This PPA delivers the appropriate standard Ubuntu kernels from the -proposed archive for Precise and Quantal, and will be deprecated once those kernels become fully deployed.
The following fixes originally delivered in this PPA have since been integrated into the standard Ubuntu Precise (12.04) and later kernels (and are still present here):
- LP: #954661 Backlight brightness control issues for Dell XPS 13
(and possibly other laptops with an Intel graphics processor).
- LP: #1055231 LCD backlight adjustments do nothing after suspend
- LP: #978807 Cypress PS/2 Trackpad driver with multi-touch support
(for Dell XPS 13 and other laptops with this trackpad).
- LP: #1103594 enable Cypress PS/2 Trackpad in Dell XPS12
- LP: #901410 Bluetooth/WiFi control issues for Dell XPS 13 and Dell XPS 15
The Cypress PS/2 Trackpad driver was merged into the mainline Linux kernel as of v3.9. The Cypress driver includes work by Dudley Du, Kamal Mostafa, and Kyle Fazzari.
The i915 backlight fixes are backported from mainline Linux, including work by Daniel Vetter, Paolo Zanoni, Takashi Iwai, Kamal Mostafa, and others.
Adding this PPA to your system
You can update your system with unsupported packages from this untrusted PPA by adding ppa:canonical-hwe-team/sputnik-kernel to your system's Software Sources. (Read about installing)
For questions and bugs with software in this PPA please contact Canonical Hardware Enablement Team.
- 0 updates added during the past month.