How do I verify a
Bug fix version
- Add support for VTE 2.91
- Improve code thanks to cppcheck
- GMenu: reposition menu when needed
- GMenu: force icon' size (needed with GTK 3.14)
- DBus: add vala soname and init all vars in Ruby
- Update translations
New version: GLX-Dock 3.4
* Menus: added the possibility to customise them
* Style: unified the style of all components of the dock
* Better integration with Compiz (e.g. when using the Cairo-Dock session) and Cinnamon
* Applications Menu and Logout applets will wait the end of an update before displaying notifications
* Various improvements for Applications Menu, Shortcuts, Status-Notifier and Terminal applets
* Start working on EGL and Wayland support
* And as always ... various bug fixes and improvements!
If you like the project, please donate and/or contribute :-)
Note: We're switching from Bzr to Git on Github, feel free to fork! https://github.com/Cairo-Dock
More details will follow later on our website: http://glx-dock.org
Enjoy this new version :-)
New bug-fix version: 3.3.2
* Animated-icons: add the option to disable the 'opening animations' in Animated-icons' settings
* DBus: third-party: init: register the applets after having set the text domain for gettext (to translate some titles)
* Dock-rendering: panel view: fixed the input shape when there is a single group of icons (no separator)
* Apps: fixed tiny memory leak when stopping GMenu
* Apps: New app: avoid multiple dialogues and select the first item in the list
* Entry: with GTK 3.10: both the entry and the menu receive the signal that a key is pressed. This causes a bug: each character is doubled.
* Menus: added a workaround for libgnomemenu if XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP is not defined (e.g. when using XFCE)
* Icon Effect: config: move 'opening animation' option to 'when clicking on a launcher' section
* MusicPlayer: fixed a bug when changing the player and fixed a few small memory leaks
* System Monitor:
* SWAP percent was computed twice
* Fixed a possible crash if we want to display more than 4 values in a graph view
* Shortcuts: bookmarks file:
* If the file doesn't exist, first create the directory before creating an empty file
* Check for the existence of the old and new bookmark files to decide which one to use (useful for Mint 14 for instance)
* Weather: on double-click on the main icon, show the hourly forecast
* Translations: imported translations from Launchpad: thanks to all contributors!
This new version fixes an important bug when the dock has been compiled with GTK2 (the dock was invisible)
Sound applet: fixed the display of the icon when the rendering is 'icon only' and also on reload
GMenu: fixed a compilation error when using GTK2 and gnome-menu3
Shortcuts: with GTK 3.6 and newer, gtk bookmarks is now available in '~/.config/gtk-3.0/bookmarks' instead of '~/.gtk-bookmarks'
- Added a search entry in the Applications Menu.
It allows to rapidly look for programs from their name or their description
- Added support of logind in the Logout applet
- Better integration in the Cinnamon desktop
- Added support of the StartupNotification protocol.
It allows launchers to be animated until the application opens and avoids accidental double launches
- Added an new third-party applet: Notification History to never miss a notification
- Upgraded the Dbus API to be even more powerful
- A huge rewrite of the core using Objects
- If you like the project, please donate :-)
* Multi-screen support has been improved
* New applet : Screenshot, Indicator-Generic
* New plug-in: Sound-Effects
* Added Gnome-Shell support
* Added GDM support for user switching
* Added Systemd support for the session management (Fedora, Arch, ...)
* Added support for all the Unity indicators
* Countless bug-fixes and improvements
* If you like the project, please donate :-)
**Plugins**: By Fabounet (Fabrice Rey) & Matttbe (Matthieu Baerts)
* Python interface: Translations: avoid blank dialogues when using special characters from .mo files with Python2.
* Force the height of the menu, since GTK doesn't update it correctly
* GMenu: Preload icons at startup: removed this option: it's no longer needed when using libgnome-menu-3 and it can slow down the creation of this menu
* If no indicator found, stay in the plugin mode to not create an useless icon
* New indicators was not automatically launched: Monitor the indicator3 dir in order to reload indicators when these files are modified/added/removed
* Do not insert or detach icons if it's not necessary
* Translations: Imported translations files from Launchpad: thanks to all contributors ;)
* **Core**: [by Fabrice Rey & Matthieu Baerts]
* Dialogues Mgr:
* cairo_dock_set_dialog_message (used by Help): used markup if it's needed
* Fixed 2 bugs when an icon holding a modal dialog is destroyed
* Search for an icon path if the module gives us only the name of its icon (e.g. Deluge, Transmission, Menus)
* Simple: Behavior: Position of the taskbar: 'After a given icon' choise was missing
* Icon Mgr: removed a now useless static mutex
* Initialised threads on new versions of GLib (>= 2.24)
* This should finally fix a crash when opening Logout menu
* Help: Used markup for the dialogues
* Menu: Quit with a Cairo-Dock session: check if it's really the shift key which is used to unlock the quit menu entry
* **Plug-ins**: [by Fabrice Rey & Matthieu Bae...
* Clock: If seconds are not shown, redrawn the applet each time at 00 second (before the timer wasn't started with a delay and the applet was redrawn between 00 and 60 seconds)
* GMenu: Editor: also check if 'menulibre' is available
* Make the text selectable in the dialog
* Fixed incorrect duration of the dialog when no URL/connection
* MusicPlayer: if the music player has given a wrong .desktop filename, check if it's a valid name before doing something more
* When the icon theme changes, remove the previous one first
* Position of the Menu: e.g. with Dropbox: the menu is out of the screen every time something has changed in this menu (it displays 'connecting', free space available, etc.) -> we need to reposition it.
* Fixed lots of corner cases (mainly for Skype)
* Added full support of the Ubuntu indicator application API, for program that only use this one (and not the standard Status-Notifier API), like Skype
* Implemented an horrible hack for Skype (it only creates its item when the host appears, not if the host already exists)
* Updated the property HasStatusNotifierHostRegistered to IsStatusNotifierHostRegistered
* Check for item unicity on creation (fixes the Skype double item)
* E.g. with Dropbox, the menu is firstly drawn out of the screen and then it's ok
* CMakeLists.txt: DBusMenu GLib and GTK are needed for Indicator-Applet
* Plug-ins: [by Fabrice Rey & Matthieu Baerts]
* Application Menu:
* Recent-Menu was on a wrong section after an update of the menu (e.g. when a program was added/removed)
* Menu: file name: firstly checked with XDG_MENU_PREFIX env variable (e.g. to use 'xfce-applications.menu' instead of 'applications.menu' in XFCE)
* Clock: we need to include 'gdk/gdkkeysyms.h' for older versions of Gtk2
* Dialogues: avoid using blocking dialogues (except if it's needed)
* Dock-rendering: clean the dock correctly when switching from a 'Panel' view to another one.
* Forgot to replace the old (and temporally) emblems for CapsLock/NumLock (thanks to Freb ;) )
* Gtk3: Used GDK functions to get the num/caps lock states because it seems it doesn't work very well with xKlavier functions with recent versions...
* Clean old code
* Songs dropped on the icon were not enqueued
* Mpris2: some players are not able to give a 'int64' value for 'mpris:length'
* If the music player gives us a '.desktop' filename, check first if it's a valid name before doing something more (e.g. Amarok give us a wrong name and then, it was not possible to re-launch Amarok from this applet)
* Fixed a possible crash if the removed icon was at the beginning of the list
* Allowed shortcuts like 'Browse Network', 'Browse recent files', and 'Open Trash' to quickly open the corresponding URI
* Sound Control:
* Alsa backend: Handled this case: the default card is not the card that we want to control
* When setting the volume while the output is mute, unmute it
* Fixed a typo with the version of its .conf file
* Don't add an empty icon path to the icons theme
* Third-party applet: Store the icon name in order to use a new icon if the icon theme changes
* Compilation: Status-Notifier: fixed a compilation error if 'indicator' is not found.
* Updated translations
New version: GLX-Dock 3.1!
- Better integration in of Unity: support of the Launcher API and better support of indicators
- All configuration windows have been merged into a single one.
- Added progress bars in several applets and in the Dbus API
- The Music Player applet can control players in the systray.
- Icons of the taskbar can be separated from launchers or not
- And as always ... various bug fixes and improvements :-)