Ceilometer Grizzly 2 Milestone available
The Ceilometer team is proud to announce the first synchronous milestone delivery with the OpenStack project. Grizzly-2 is also the last Folsom compatible version of Ceilometer as we are planning to introduce some breaking changes very soon in our trunk to enable a totally new set of features bringing Ceilometer beyond basic metering into monitoring and alerting.
This milestone can be found at:
With this milestone, 10 blueprints have been implemented and 53 bugs have been fixed. Here is a quick summary of the new features:
* Plugins can now be disabled so that they will not be polled when they are not needed.
* Removed all nova database access from Ceilometer agents
* SQLAlchemy DB driver is now fully implemented
* Ceilometer is now provided with a default configuration file
* Multi-dimension indexing allows to perform queries that aggregate meters based on additional keypair values other than the simple tenant/
* Ceilometer now provides a user facing API which allows non-admin users to query Ceilometer, limiting them to their own data.
* Compute agent interaction with hypervisor layer is now independent of nova internals
* There is now a python-
* Swift is now instrumented and meters therefore accessible
* Ceilometer does not need to use nova.flags nor to read nova configuration anymore
More details can be found at: https:/
Thanks to Doug Hellmann, Julien Danjou, John Tran, Angus Salkeld, Eoghan Glynn, Lianhao Lu, Brooklyn Chen, Emilien Macchi, Guillaume Pernot, François Charlier, and Jiang Yunhong for their contributions to this milestone.
Updated on 2013-01-14.