How do I verify a
The Coccinella project is pleased to announce today the immediate availability of Coccinella 0.96.20, a free and open-source cross-platform communication tool with a built-in whiteboard for improved collaboration with other people. Key in this release is the ability to automatically reconnect if the connection to the server has been interrupted.
Besides other fixes and improvements, the most important changes are:
* Verify server certificate (551811)
* Speed improvements (552466)
* Run Coccinella on 64 bit systems (380289)
* Better detection of file names (603187)
* Fix error when trying to remove the last profile (260661)
* Chat state notifications trigger contact actions (270689)
* Russian translation of "Close message and main window separatelly" (540176)
* Exception when trying to edit contact actions on a offline group (555643)
* Added additional tips (152723)
* Public servers dropdown list is fixed (555902)
The Coccinella project is pleased to announce today the immediate availability of Coccinella 0.96.16, a free and open-source cross-platform communication tool with a built-in whiteboard for improved collaboration with other people. After recent birthdays in the XMPP community, we are proud to highlight that Coccinella turns 10 years old. For those interested, an historic overview is available.
Changes in Coccinella 0.96.16 include:
* Support for XEP-0202 Entity Time enabled (441223).
* Fixed exception on Mac OS X regarding sound device selection (427951).
* Login settings are now saved (180132).
* Wrong password behaviour fixed (147392).
* Fixed exception when some plugins were disabled (456982).
* Removed usage of obsolete clock option -gmt (454856).
* Enter password dialog: no focus (454527).
* When a transport died on the server, a wrong Edit Contact dialog was shown (451037).
* Edit business card dialog can be opened multiple times (179936).
* Login to google-talk with wrong username/password leads to segfault on OpenBSD (460499).
* Business card window, error retrieving client infos (441293).
* Error opening business card dialog when someone has geoloc info enabled (437700).
* Automatic login fails (427809).
* Support for XEP-0145: Annotations (140336).
* Fixed crash due to tkpath library under Mac OS X 10.6.
* Show Tip of the day at startup (145627).
The Coccinella project is pleased to announce today the immediate availability of Coccinella 0.96.14, a free and open-source cross-platform communication tool with a built-in whiteboard for improved collaboration with other people.
Changes in Coccinella 0.96.14 include:
* /clean and /retain commands
* release of new icon themes: Nuvola, Tango, Black, Kids
* option to select sound device
* fixed whiteboard file transfer
* fixed annoying bug when typing long texts in chat dialog
* fixed external IP detection
The Coccinella project is pleased to announce today the immediate availability of Coccinella 0.96.12, a free and open-source cross-platform communication tool with a built-in whiteboard for improved collaboration with other people. This third synchronized release is dedicated to Mats Bengtsson.
Changes in Coccinella 0.96.12 include:
* Switch to gettext to make it easier for you to translate Coccinella in your language
* All character sets issues in the binary distributions should be fixed. This will be especially welcomed if you speak languages like Russian or Chinese.
* Improved transport integration
* New Simplified Chinese and Portuguese translations
The Coccinella project is pleased to announce today the immediate availability of Coccinella 0.96.10, a free and open-source cross-platform communication tool with a built-in whiteboard for improved collaboration with other people. This second synchronized release introduces major visual improvements including the Oxygen icon theme and the new control panel with slots in the main window.
Other highlights of Coccinella 0.96.10 include:
* Search people slot
* Improved integration of User Mood and User Activity (more services add support for this)
* Faster application startup
* Editing and creating profiles in the login window
* Experimental support for chat styles using Tkhtml3, a web rendering engine which probably beats the whole WebKit browser family in speed and ...
* Tcl/Tk 8.5 - Anti-aliased fonts, window transparency under X11, 10% speed improvement, and much more
* Mac OS X Universal - Up to 500% (that's no typo!) speed increases and more reliability on Intel systems
* HTTP Polling - More reliable and optimized
* Crystal icon updates
* German translation update
* Windows Vista compatible icon
State-of-the-art new features in Coccinella 0.96.4 include:
* Busyness detection
* Transport subscription request mess solution
* Drag-and-drop - Usability enhancements
* Hidden XML console - Try Ctrl/Cmd + Shift + D
* Spell Checking - No more typos
* Colored nicknames in chatrooms - With color themes
* MeBeam plugin - Video conferencing
* Improved file transfer - More responsiveness
* Updated artwork - Splashscreen and icon
Communicate with Coccinella and stay tuned for version 0.96.6 on March 12!
Note: the option 'Save preferences in same folder as program' was not working correctly in earlier releases: the preferences folder was created one folder above. If you have this option enabled and want to upgrade to 0.96.4 or higher, you should manually...
State-of-the-art new features in Coccinella 0.96.2 include:
* Improved auto away experience (including an Apple laptop integration feature)
* Two more PEP XEPs: User Activity and User Nickname
* JID Escaping support
* Stream compression option in the interface
* Major menu restructure
* Grandmother proof™ strings: less jargon, easier language, and more consistency
o added support for XEP-0172: User Nickname
o added autoaway which detects any system inactivity like mouse and keyboard
o added user activity XEP-0108: User Activity
o added support for XEP-0106: JID Escaping
o vCards can be exported to xml files
o major revision of user experience
o easier way to manage background images
o major restructure of menus
o better consistency among themes (skins)