How do I verify a
- [critical] desktopcouch-service crashed with PreconditionFailed in request(): ('file_exists', 'The database could not be created, the file already exists.') (LP: #707321)
- 0.6.9b => 1.0.5 API break: desktopcouch.find_port() (LP: #710424)
- desktopcouch-service crashed with OSError in __init__() (LP: #530322)
- update_bookmark_file() finds but does not use couchdb.tmpl from alternate path (LP: #673641)
- erlang/desktopcouch/beam.smp don't let the processor go idle (LP: #746367)
- replication_services/example.py needs update (LP: #599847)
LP: #711208 desktopcouch-service doesn't like UbuntuOne-API error pages
LP: #706939 service tries to access service over dbus, deadlock
LP: #705448 replication fails with new python-couchdb API
ubuntu_sso.find_credentials must be called when pairing ubuntu one records, so we can use U1 credentials if already on the system (LP: #694495).
Fixes a bug in the imports in bin/desktopcouch-get-port . (LP: #696972)
Fixes the view for the deletion migration so it does not break on couchdb documents with no record_type. (LP: #697728)
Moved trash db to be an instance variable. (LP: #697661)
Fixed how deleted records ids are generated. (LP: #697636)
Added unit tests in which the db access is mocked (LP: #674587)
Fix the issues with the plug-in loader to actually load the plug-ins. (LP: #696968)
This requires version 0.8+ of python-couchdb.
desktopcouch "1.0" was a test release, which lacked code that used the new 0.8+ of python-couchdb, and it is not supported or distributed. "1.0.1" had a serious bug in the replication server code.
Requires python-couchdb v0.8+.
- Beginning of MSFT Windows support. Still experimental.
- Convention change:
- Abandon the deleted flag in records, and copy deleted records to a new
- Do not include databases that start with an underscore in replication
candidates. (LP: #627085)
- Python API changes:
- Split records code from application code.
- Remove extraneous Quickly app code.
- Now all DB access locally will use the DBus service and thereby start
the Desktopcouch Service and its replication subservice.
- Use a compact string for Record IDs. (LP: #530911)
- Add a basic migration infrastucture. (LP: #670700, #675590)
- Make the rarely used reduce_js an optional argument to 'add_view'.
- Default context need not be imported. The None value is equivalent.
- Fixed Many pylint complaints, internally.
- Record_type ended up in the dictionary of the record. (LP: #674487)
- Record_type version was never saved to CouchDB. (LP: #669133)
- Attachments API was defined on the wrong class. (LP: #575772)
- MergeableList.pop() could not be called without an index. (LP: #675787)
- Fieldregistry transformers now return results, and don't need a record or
dictionary like object passed in. (LP: #416963)
- Fixed several instances where a nondefault running Context was ignored
in favor of the default Context.
- Add timeout to outbound HTTP connections. (LP: #580539:
- Deprecated get_records since it did not return Record objects, and added
new method get_all_records that does, in fact, return records.
- Do not force all lists into Mergeable lists any more.
The view wrapper that assists with reconnecting did not implement attributes that some clients (like Lernid) use. Now, catch any attribute access on the wrapper and pass it through to the proxied object. This should make the proxy object functionally identical to the destination object. (LP: #652095)
Use the new Ubuntu-SSO package to get credentials to use to replicate with Ubuntu One couchdb. (LP: #649320)
Be more relisient by trying to restart couchdb when it crashes. Do this by passing a proxy object in place of lower-level view and database objects, and on access and failure, reconnect. (LP: #522538)
* Fix errors in parameters in new code. (LP: #634396 #634784)
* Add Ubuntu One pairing to desktopcouch, the code looks for credentials at start time and will listen to them while the dbus service is running.
* On couchdb failure, reconnect with logic that starts up the couchdb server again and uses the new port. Instead of giving python-couchdb view objects to the user, give an object we own that implements reconnecting to the server on errors, and proxies commands otherwise. (LP: #522538)
* Support new Basic auth for HTTP that our bookmark file requires. Make Basic-auth part of compulsory INI file. (LP: #599745)
* When a stored record exists and is marked as deleted, and a user tries to store a new record with the same ID, do some ugly work to make the user's record be the deleted-record's successor. (LP: #462245)