How do I verify a
A significant change included in this version now enables mydumper to handle all schema objects!! So there is no longer a dependency on using mysqldump to ensure complex schemas are backed up alongside the data.
mydumper new features
- Full schema support
Views and merge tables are now handled also added:
-d, --no-data Do not dump table data
-G, --triggers Dump triggers
-E, --events Dump events
-R, --routines Dump stored procedures and functions
--trx-consistency-only Transactional consistency only
myloader new features
-s, --source-db Database to restore
#1431410 innodb stats tables
#1440403 *-post and *-triggers compressed files corrupt
#1470891 functions may be needed by SP and views
#1390437 segmentation fault against Percona MySQL 5.6.15-63.0
#1446280 Segmentation fault on Debian Wheezy
#1399715 Typo in –tables-list option in manpage
#1428608 missing -K option in mydumper manpage
#1440437 myloader: wrong database name in message when -B used
#1457091 tokudb detection doesn’t work
#1481747 Unable to compile r179 WITH_BINLOG=ON (undeclared ‘bj’)
#1507574 Assertion when broken mrg tables
#841651 dump view definitions
#1485688 make compile error myloader.c:209
Now its really easy to compile mydumper, also we added new features to backup RDS instances, support for tokuDB and more...
#1347392 last row of table not dumped if it brings statement over statement_size
#1157113 Compilation of latest branch fails on CentOS 6.3 64bit
#1326368 Can't make against Percona-Server-devel-55 headers
#1282862 unknown type name 'HASH'
#1336860 k is used twice
#913307 Can't compile - missing libs crypto and ssl
#1364393 rows chunks doesn't increase non innodb jobs
- --lock-all-tables (instead of FTWRL)
- TokuDB support
- Support to dump tables from different schemas
In this new release we worked on reducing locking caused by metadata. Also we improved --less-locking so If you are using it is highly recommended to upgrade to this version.
Added new option –use-savepoints to reduce metadata locking issues while backup is running.
#1273441 less-locking breaks consistent snapshot
#1267501 mydumper erroneously always attempts a dummy read
#1272310 main_connection keep an useless transaction opened and permit infinite metadata table lock
#1269376 mydumper 0.6.0 fails to compile “cast from pointer to integer of different size”
#1265155 create_main_connection use detected_server before setting it
#1267483 Build with MariaDB 10.x
#1272443 The dumping threads will hold metadata locks progressively while are dumping data.
This is the first 0.6 series release, with new features and bug fixes, see changelog for details
- Consistent backups with less locking
This new feature consist on locking all non-innodb tables with the dumping threads at the begining so in this way we can unlock the flush tables with read lock earlier and no need to wait until all that tables were dumped. You can take advantage of this feature when you have big archive or myisam tables.
- File size chunks
Now you can split tables dump into different files with fixed size. This is usefull to reduce storage capacity needed to keep history backups by using hardlinks. Think on big "log" tables or tables where old data didnt change, now you will be able to hardlink back those chunks.
#1250269 ensure satetement is not bigger than statement_size
#827328 myloader to set UNIQUE_CHECKS = 0 when importing
#993714 Reducing the time spent with a global read lock
#1250271 make it more obvious when mydumper is not successful
#1250274 table doesnt exist should not be an error
#987344 Primary key name not quoted in showed_nulls test
#1075611 error when restoring tables with dashes in name
#1124106 Mydumper/myloader does not care for 0-s in AUTO_INCREMENT fields
#1125997 Timestamp data not portable between servers on differnt timezones
This is a maintenance release to support builds on wider variety of platforms, as well as fix certain bugs
* Fix sphinx version checking to avoid builds with outdated toolchain
* Extend instructions in README
* Fix CMakeMySQL to use multithreaded libs, as well as find library paths properly
* Suppress error condition on deprecated glib functions
This is primarily a bugfix release fixing many of the issues flagged up by the community. Many thanks to all those testing mydumper and giving feedback to make it a better product.
* Fix MySQL 5.0 compile issue
* Make the metadata file visible (after muliple requests)
* Add --no-lock option to mydumper
* First --daemon snapshot is now at execution instead of the first timed interval
* Fix CentOS 5.x compile issue (also affected Mac OSX)
* Fix libmysqlclient search bug
* Add cppcheck target
* Fix errors flaged by cppcheck
* Add option to turn off docs build
* Add status output at end of CMake
Mydumper 0.5.0 with the new daemon mode! This is the first alpha quality release of the 0.5 series.
This forks to background and takes a snapshot dump every X minutes (60 by default) whilst also continuously retrieving the binary logs.
* Added --daemon
* Added --snapshot-interval (--daemon snapshot time in minutes)
* Added --logfile (to log to file instead of console)
* Added signal handler
* Large changes to binlog handling
* Documentation updates
Minor bugfix release:
1. Works with Drizzle again
2. Fixes for compiling in FreeBSD
* Fix Drizzle support
* Fix FreeBSD support
Another week of huge changes. Including consistent snapshots for non-InnoDB tables. We also have initial (but not complete) Drizzle support as well as a whole host of other new features and fixes.
* Consistent snapshots for non-InnoDB (non-transactional) tables
* Fix --binlogs breaking consistent snapshots
* (very) Minor performance improvement to mydumper
* Initial support for Drizzle
* Add --verbose option
* Fix multiple ';' at end of file
* Fix myloader not closing files
* Improve myloader error messages
* Several fixes to documentation building
* Make myloader tell mysqld to not binlog imports by default (new option --enable-binlog to log them)
* Add --database to myloader for single database import to a different database
* Change mydumper's --schemas to --no-schemas (--schemas is now default)
* Add verbose messages (with --verbose=3)
* Fix memory leaks in myloader
Bug fix release and the introduction of myloader, a multi-threaded restoration utility for mydumper backups.
* Added myloader
* Fixed several bugs