NUnit V2 2.5.3
Download files for this release
NUnit 2.5.3 - Version 188.8.131.5245 - December 11, 2009
Note: This is the first release of NUnit on Launchpad.
* Test execution under .NET 4.0 is now supported. It may be selected in the
Gui runner or using the console runner /framework option. NUnit test projects
may specify .NET 4.0 as the required framework to be used for loading the
project. PlatformAttribute allows testing for .NET 4.0.
* The distribution now includes nunit-agent-
tests in a separate process under nunit-x86.exe or nunit-console-
the target framework is .NET 2.0 or greater.
* Static methods Contains.
NUnit syntax for compatibility with NUnitLite.
* Non-public test fixtures are now allowed in all cases, whether the
* Abstract classes may now be marked with TestFixtureAttr
derived classes are to be treated as test fixtures. The abstract class is no
longer marked as invalid.
* Fixtures without tests are no longer shown as non-runnable but are simply
executed. If the fixture setup or teardown does not cause an error, they are
reported as inconclusive.
* Reloading tests in the Gui no longer uses the default runtime if a different
runtime was previously selected.
* Thread principal is now saved before each test and restored afterward eliminating
failures under .NET 4.0.
* Assume.That() overload with a message no longer results in test failure.
* An expected Result of null is now handled correctly on parameterized tests.
* Duplicate caching of metadata has been eliminated, resolving a load performance
problem when many methods are inherited from a base class.
* The names of nested generic and non-generic classes are now displayed correctly.
* Assert.Catch<T> now correctly returns exception type T rather than System.Exception.
* The /domain=None option on nunit-console once again works correctly.
* Parameterized test fixture names are now displayed with the actual arguments used
so that failures may be associated with the correct instantiation of the fixture.
* Test labels for generics are now displayed correctly by the console runner and
in the Gui text output tab.
* Generic fixtures without type attributes provided are now shown as non-runnable
rather than causing a runtime error. (1)
* Use of an unknown file type in the console command line no longer causes an error. (2)
* A number of tests that ran incorrectly under Linux have been fixed.
* A number of tests failing under .NET 4.0 have been fixed.
1. As a side effect of this fix, TestFixtureAttr
overridden by a TestFixtureAttr
2. This was originally reported as "crash when using /option in linux."
This release does not have a changelog.