NUnit V2 2.6.0b2
Download files for this release
* NUnit's executables now use config files that allow smoother running of mixed assemblies built for .NET 2.0 under .NET 4.0.
* When opening Visual Studio formatted solutions, NUnit now uses the solution configuration by default, resulting in changed behavior from previous releases. The Settings Dialog may be used to revert NUnit to the earlier behavior, which ignored solution configurations.
* Changing the URL to be used for NUnit help through the config file is no longer supported.
* TestCaseAttribute now accepts Explicit and Reason named parameters.
* TestCaseData now supports marking individual test cases as Explicit.
* EqualConstraint now recognizes and uses IEquatable<T> if it is implemented on either the actual or the expected value. The interface is used in preference to any override of Object.Equals(), so long as the other argument is of Type T. Note that this applies to all equality tests performed by NUnit.
* When Assert.Throws() fails due to an exception of the wrong Type being thrown, the error message now includes the Message and Stack Trace from the exception.
* The constraint syntax now supports Has.Exactly(n)... in place of Has.Some... in order to allow tests over collections that must be satisfied a specific number of times.
* The Using(...) syntactic element may now be repeated multiple times in an expression, so long as each comparer applies to a different Type. NUnit will use the appropriate comparer, depending on the Type of the arguments. Among other things, this allows overriding the default NUnit comparison of collections.
* Documentation is provided for the previously undocumented TestContext. A new property TestContext.
* The test reload functionality in the Gui has been rewritten and simplified so that the same logic is used for all cases where the visual state of the tree is to be recovered. Test results are now found even if changes to the assembly have resulted in the assignment of new ids to the tests.
* The Gui now displays invalid tests in red immediately upon load, without waiting for the user to run them. Tests marked with the IgnoreAttribute are displayed in yellow immediately as well.
* The directory containing the log files may be opened directly from the Gui by use of a new item on the Tools menu.
* Test summary results are truncated when the window size is too small. The full summary is displayed when hovering over the field.
* A number of new settings are available using the Settings Dialog:
- The Project Editor page allows the user to select whether the NUnit Project Editor or another external program will be used when editing the settings file.
- The Runtime Selection page allows enabling or disabling automatic detection of the target runtime for each test assembly.
- The Advanced Loader Settings page now allows specifying the argument to use in calling SetPrincipalPolicy for each test AppDomain.
- The Visual Studio page now includes a setting that enables or disables the use of solution configs when loading Visual Studio solution files.
- The Internal Trace page now shows the directory path to which log files will be saved.
602761 nunit-agent hangs after tests complete
625672 NUnit GUI bounces to background on reload
657801 Help URL should not be in config file
676560 Assert.AreEqual does not support IEquatable<T>
697069 Feature request: dynamic location for TestResult.xml
697329 NUnit tries to test disabled projects
712156 Tests cannot use AppDomain.
770471 Assert.IsEmpty does not support IEnumerable
785460 Add Category parameter to TestCaseSourceA
794115 HashSet incorrectly reported
800089 Assert.Throws() hides details of inner AssertionException
836080 Log Directory shown incorrectly in settings dialog
836360 When size of the Gui window is reduced, test result info may not fit in the field provided
841894 UI won't run tests marked Explicit from the context menu
878376 Add 'Exactly(n)' to the NUnit constraint syntax
878899 Changing logging level has no effect until NUnit is restarted
878955 ParameterizedTest not in their parent test-suite when FixtureSetup fails in .xml result file
881617 Tests with invalid category attributes should be more visible
882137 When no tests are run, higher level suites display as Inconclusive
882517 NUnit 2.5.10 doesn't recognize TestFixture if there are only TestCaseSource inside
883271 Reload Tests sometimes "loses" tests
885277 Exception when project calls for a runtime using only 2 digits
885604 Feature request: Explicit named parameter to TestCaseAttribute
887005 NUnit.exe ignores categories when using /run option
890129 DelayedConstraint doesn't appear to poll properties of objects
890384 When font is enlarged, layout of settings pages is incorrect
891237 When font is enlarged, gui Test Result disappears and suite name is truncated
891265 Add /cleanup to nunit-console.exe
891326 Non-runnable and statically ignored tests should disable the Run item on the context menu
This release does not have a changelog.