News and announcements
I am happy to announce a new bug fix release Nuvola Player 3.0.7 (from the 3.0.x Stable Releases series).
Following problems have been addressed:
- SoundCloud 3.0.5 crashes when started from a Ubuntu Launcher. Issue: tiliado/
- Web App scripts should provide own desktop files. Issue: tiliado/
In addition, Nuvola 3.0.7 no longer supports scripts not built with the Nuvola SDK. This backward incompatible change is necessary for a smooth transition to Nuvola 4.0.
Nuvola Player was a bit silent from December until now. That doesn’t mean nothing was happening in the project. Quite contrary, there have been a lot of changes under the hood to facilitate plans for the year 2017.
In the latest blog post, I deal with:
- Support for More Distributions
- Flatpaks and Snaps
- First Experimental Flatpak
- Nuvola SDK and Nuvola CDK
This is my monthly report for generous patrons who contributed €131.1 to support the development of Nuvola Player in November 2016. Thanks to them, I put aside €6 for the Tiliado.eu VPS hosting and spent over 8 hours working on four tasks, which are listed bellow with a few comments, so my reward was €14.89 per hour. However, I didn't count support requests which were dealt with for free. https:/
You can support my work on Nuvola Player via PayPal, Gratipay, Patreon, Flattr or Bitcoin. Let's make Nuvola Player more awesome! https:/
Jiri Janousek, Nuvola Player developer
I've released SiriusXM web app script 1.3 with the following enhancements:
* Fixed parsing of the track title and the artist.
* Album art is fetched and displayed. Requires Nuvola Player 3.1 because of restricted access to the images.
* Ported to use the Nuvola SDK.
Source code is available on GitHub: https:/
Jiri Janousek, Nuvola Player developer • My work on Nuvola Player and user support are funded by Nuvola Patrons. ❤ Make a donation to keep the project going. Thank you. https:/