amarok 2:2.6.0-0ubuntu2.1 source package in Ubuntu
amarok (2:2.6.0-0ubuntu2.1) quantal-proposed; urgency=low * Fix typo ( media-player-infoxs => media-player-info ) (LP: #1078772) -- Rohan Garg <email address hidden> Wed, 14 Nov 2012 16:05:45 +0000
- diff from 2:2.6.0-0ubuntu2 to 2:2.6.0-0ubuntu2.1 (643 bytes)
Binary packages built by this source
- amarok: easy to use media player based on the KDE Platform
Amarok is a powerful music player with an intuitive interface. It makes
playing the music you love and discovering new music easier than ever before
and it looks good doing it! Amarok is based on the powerful Qt4 / KDE4
Platform and nicely integrates with KDE desktop.
Much work has been invested into integrating Amarok 2 with various Web
- Jamendo Service
- OPML Podcast Directory
Amarok comes with a lot of features including but not limited to:
- Scripts - enhance your Amarok experience with community developed scripts.
- Dynamic Playlists - create playlists that automatically update.
- Context View - customize interface with the Plasma powered Context View.
- PopUp Dropper - simplify drag&drop actions with revolutionary menu system.
- Multiple Language Translations
- Collection Management - organizing your music collection has never been
easier with Amarok's powerful tagging, renaming, and sorting abilities.
- Database Importing - import collections from Amarok 1.4 or iTunes.
- Scriptable Services - integrate other web services into Amarok.
- amarok-common: architecture independent files for Amarok
This package contains architecture independent files needed for Amarok to run
properly. Therefore, unless you have 'amarok' package of the same version
installed, you will hardly find this package useful.
- amarok-dbg: debugging symbols for Amarok
This package provides debugging symbols for all binary packages built from
amarok source package. It's highly recommended to have this package installed
before reporting any Amarok crashes to either Amarok developers or Debian
- amarok-doc: Amarok documentation (Handbook)
This package contains Amarok user documentation. It can be opened from the
application menu Help -> Amarok Handbook.
- amarok-utils: utilities for Amarok media player
This package contains command line utilities that are typically used by Amarok
media player but might also be useful on systems without Amarok installed.
They are designed to be lightweight as they do not depend on KDE libraries.
Currently the package contains the following utilities:
nscanner - scans audio files, collects information from
file tags and prints it in the structured XML format.
- amarok_afttagger - a helper program which writes/removes custom tags
to/from media files required for embedded "Amarok File Tracking".