“hplip” 2.8.7-0ubuntu2 source package in Ubuntu
hplip (2.8.7-0ubuntu2) intrepid; urgency=low * debian/patches/pdf_printing_support.dpatch: Let an additional "*cupsFilter" line for PDF as input format be added to the PPD files, to enable PDF-based printing. * debian/rules: Add *cupsFilter lines for PDF input to all the ready-made PPD files. -- Till Kamppeter <email address hidden> Wed, 13 Aug 2008 12:40:02 +0200
See full publishing history Publishing
Binary packages built by this source
- hpijs: HP Linux Printing and Imaging - gs IJS driver (hpijs)
This package contains an IJS printer driver for Ghostscript, which
adds support for most inkjet printers and some LaserJet printers
manufactured by HP. It is also required for HPLIP fax support.
The Debian package of hpijs includes the so-called rss patch, to use
pure black ink instead of composite black in printers that don't do
color map conversion in firmware.
HPIJS can take advantage of Ghostscript IJS KRGB support when
available, to enhance black printing on printers that do color
map conversion in firmware and are thus not affected by the old
Users of the CUPS printing system are advised to also install the
hplip package, and use the hp CUPS backend to send data to the printer.
HPLIP supports USB, networked and parallel-port devices, and enables
extended HPIJS functionality such as border-less printing.
Selecting any hpijs ppd in CUPS will use hpijs automatically.
Users of spoolers other than CUPS with printers connected through USB or
parallel ports are advised to install the hpoj package. Extended HPIJS
functionality will not be available.
HPIJS is meant to be used through the foomatic system (see the
- hpijs-ppds: HP Linux Printing and Imaging - HPIJS PPD files
This package contains PPD (printer definition) files for the
printers supported through the HP Linux Printing and Imaging
System HPIJS driver.
These PPDs should work well with the matching versions of HPLIP
and HPIJS, but may not be the most up-to-date PPDs available for
a given printer. See http://
www.openprintin g.org/ for the latest
version of the PPDs (which are not guaranteed to work well).
- hplip: HP Linux Printing and Imaging System (HPLIP)
The HP Linux Printing and Imaging System provides full support for
printing on most HP SFP (single function peripheral) inkjets and many
LaserJets, and for scanning, sending faxes and for photo-card access on
most HP MFP (multi-function peripheral) printers.
HPLIP is composed of:
* System services to handle communications with the printers
* HP CUPS backend driver (hp:) with bi-directional communication with
HP printers (provides printer status feedback to CUPS and enhanced
HPIJS functionality such as 4-side full-bleed printing support)
* HP CUPS backend driver for sending faxes (hpfax:)
* HPIJS Ghostscript IJS driver to rasterize output from PostScript(tm)
files or from any other input format supported by Ghostscript, and
also for PostScript(tm) to fax conversion support
(HPIJS is shipped in a separate package)
* Command line utilities to perform printer maintenance, such as
ink-level monitoring or pen cleaning and calibration
* GUI and command line utility to download data from the photo card
interfaces in MFP devices
* GUI and command line utilities to interface with the fax functions
* A GUI toolbox to access all these functions in a friendly way
* HPAIO SANE backend (hpaio) for flatbed and Automatic Document Feeder
(ADF) scanning using MFP devices
USB, JetDirect (network) and parallel-port devices are supported.
- hplip-data: HP Linux Printing and Imaging - data files
This package contains data files for the HP Linux Printing and
- hplip-dbg: HP Linux Printing and Imaging - debugging information
This package contains debugging symbolic information for all the
binaries and libraries in the hplip and hpijs packages.
It is useful for generating backtraces using debuggers like
gdb and to get better information from tools like ltrace.
- hplip-doc: HP Linux Printing and Imaging - documentation
This package contains the full documentation for the HP Linux
Printing and Imaging System for off-line reading. It includes
the documentation for the HPIJS IJS driver as well.
- hplip-gui: HP Linux Printing and Imaging - GUI utilities
This package contains utilities with graphical user interface (GUI) for
HPLIP: HP Toolbox, HP Fax, ...