muon 1.3.1-0ubuntu2 source package in Ubuntu
muon (1.3.1-0ubuntu2) precise; urgency=low * Backport update_notifier_auto_hide.diff from 1.3 branch to fix the update notifier not going away after updating all packages. -- Jonathan Thomas <email address hidden> Fri, 13 Apr 2012 21:39:11 -0400
Binary packages built by this source
- libmuonprivate1: Runtime files for the Muon package management suite
The Muon package management suite is a collection of package management
applications built on the KDE platform.
This package contains runtime libraries
- muon: package manager for KDE
Muon is a graphical package manager for KDE.
Features of note include:
* A powerful, yet intuitive interface
* Fast, accurate package search using the apt-xapian index and the Synaptic
* Support for filtering packages by status and category
* Media change support
* Support for configuring packages through the debconf system
* Warn about/disallow the installation of untrusted packages, depending on
* Uses Polkit for running privileged actions for enhanced security,
convenience, and desktop integration
* Power management suspension during package downloads, installations and
* Support for download the latest changelog of a package
* Package screenshots
- muon-dbg: Muon debugging symbols
This package contains debugging symbols for Muon.
When Muon crashes, in most cases this package is
needed to get a backtrace that is useful for developers. If you have
experienced a Muon crash without this package
installed, please install it, try to reproduce the problem and fill a bug
report with a new backtrace attached.
- muon-installer: Utility for browsing, installing, and removing applications
The Muon Software Center lets you browse and install thousands of
applications available for Ubuntu. You can view available
applications by category, or search quickly by name or description.
You can also examine the applications already installed, and remove
those you no longer need.
To install or remove software using the Center, you need administrator
access on the computer.
- muon-notifier: update notifier for KDE
The Muon Notifier is an update notification daemon for KDE. It uses the KDE
Daemon frame (KDED) framework to present the user with update notifications,
providing an opportunity to launch the Muon Updater to deal with these
- muon-updater: update manager for KDE
Muon Updater is a graphical update manager for KDE. It is part of the Muon
family of software and provides an interface similar to that of Muon.