pidgin-otr 3.2.0-5ubuntu0.11.04.1 source package in Ubuntu
pidgin-otr (3.2.0-5ubuntu0.11.04.1) natty-security; urgency=low * SECURITY UPDATE: format string vulnerability (LP: #1000363) - otr-plugin.c: patch from upstream - CVE-2012-2369 -- Felix Geyer <email address hidden> Wed, 16 May 2012 20:59:11 +0200
See full publishing history Publishing
Binary packages built by this source
- pidgin-otr: Off-the-Record Messaging plugin for pidgin
Off-the-Record (OTR) Messaging plugin for pidgin
OTR allows you to have private conversations over IM by providing:
- No one else can read your instant messages.
- You are assured the correspondent is who you think it is.
- The messages you send do _not_ have digital signatures that are
checkable by a third party. Anyone can forge messages after a
conversation to make them look like they came from you. However,
_during_ a conversation, your correspondent is assured the messages
he sees are authentic and unmodified.
- Perfect forward secrecy
- If you lose control of your private keys, no previous conversation
This is a pidgin plugin which implements Off-the-Record (OTR) Messaging.