python2.7 2.7.3-0ubuntu3 source package in Ubuntu
python2.7 (2.7.3-0ubuntu3) precise-proposed; urgency=low * python2.7-minimal needs a versioned depends on python-minimal, not a Conflicts. Conflicts with essential packages, versioned or otherwise, are a serious problem for upgrades, as the previous upload demonstrated. Instead, we allow a circular dependency between python2.7-minimal and python-minimal, and rely on the fact that the package manager ensures new versions of both packages will be unpacked before running the maintainer script from python2.7-minimal. LP: #986374. * Our versioned dependency on python-minimal is 2.6.6-3+squeeze1, which is the first version shipping a pycompile that supports passing a -V option referring to a version python-minimal doesn't already know about. -- Steve Langasek <email address hidden> Fri, 20 Apr 2012 14:19:23 -0700
- diff from 2.7.3-0ubuntu2 to 2.7.3-0ubuntu3 (976 bytes)
Binary packages built by this source
- idle-python2.7: No summary available for idle-python2.7 in ubuntu quantal.
No description available for idle-python2.7 in ubuntu quantal.
- libpython2.7: Shared Python runtime library (version 2.7)
Version 2.7 of the high-level, interactive object oriented language,
includes an extensive class library with lots of goodies for
network programming, system administration, sounds and graphics.
This package contains the shared runtime library, normally not needed
for programs using the statically linked interpreter.
- python2.7: No summary available for python2.7 in ubuntu quantal.
No description available for python2.7 in ubuntu quantal.
- python2.7-dbg: Debug Build of the Python Interpreter (version 2.7)
Python interpreter configured with --pydebug. Dynamically loaded modules are
searched in /usr/lib/
python2. 7/lib-dynload/ debug first.
- python2.7-dev: Header files and a static library for Python (v2.7)
Header files, a static library and development tools for building
Python (v2.7) modules, extending the Python interpreter or embedding
Python (v2.7) in applications.
Maintainers of Python packages should read README.maintainers.
- python2.7-doc: No summary available for python2.7-doc in ubuntu quantal.
No description available for python2.7-doc in ubuntu quantal.
- python2.7-examples: Examples for the Python language (v2.7)
Examples, Demos and Tools for Python (v2.7). These are files included in
the upstream Python distribution (v2.7).
- python2.7-minimal: Minimal subset of the Python language (version 2.7)
This package contains the interpreter and some essential modules. It can
be used in the boot process for some basic tasks.
doc/python2. 7-minimal/ README. Debian for a list of the modules
contained in this package.