migration-assistant (0.6.2) intrepid; urgency=low
* Several fixes from Olivier Blin of Mandriva:
- Close file descriptors when they're no longer needed.
- Move a closedir() call, it can free data returned by readdir() too
early. It leads to path corruption in some cases.
- Fix a segfault with files with no extension.
- Remove a spurious directory creation, with uninitialized name.
- Fix Windows 2000 migration, by not trying to import music if not
- Fix detection of Windows-NT-like registry path in ma-search-users, by
splitting and reusing WINNT code from utils.c
- Reimplement copy using read/write (like cp) to handle large files,
since we can't mmap() (twice) large files in memory.
- fix segfault by zeroing buffers for strcat.
- Improve WINNT patch to factorize user registry location as well.
- Vista profile directories support. Get profiles directory from
registry for ma-search-items and ma-import as well ("Documents and
Settings" is not correct in Vista), this also allows us to read the
- Vista users support. Filter Public and Default users for Vista (from
registry keys). Filter "Default User" key in Vista (it is a junction
to Default). Do not segfault if keys are missing.
* More efficient and less error-prone device substring extraction.
* Set the locale to C when using expr.
-- Evan Dandrea <email address hidden> Tue, 27 May 2008 14:07:31 -0400