semantic binary package in Ubuntu Lucid i386
The Semantic Bovinator's goal is to provide an intermediate API for
authors of language agnostic tools who want to deal with languages in
a generic way. It also provides a simple way for Mode Authors, who
are experts in their language, to provide a parser for those tool
authors, without knowing anything about those tools.
The Semantic Bovinator is made up of these important pieces:
- lexer: Converts a language into a token stream
- parser: Converts a token stream into a stream of nonterminals
defined by the language.
- parser-generator: Converts a language definition into a table
usable by the parser. (Written using the Semantic Bovinator)
- Language Definitions: Parsers already existing for the parser
generator language (Bovine Normal Form), Emacs Lisp, and C.
- speedbar browser: Code for browsing a generated nonterminal list
- Documentation generator: Identifies inline documentation in source
code, and can convert it to texinfo. It can also create inline
Semantic is now a part of CEDET (Collection of Emacs Development
|2009-10-29 17:02:30 UTC||Published||Ubuntu Lucid i386||release||universe||devel||Optional||1:1.0pre4-3ubuntu1|