Binary package “openssh-client” in ubuntu maverick
secure shell (SSH) client, for secure access to remote machines
This is the portable version of OpenSSH, a free implementation of
the Secure Shell protocol as specified by the IETF secsh working
Ssh (Secure Shell) is a program for logging into a remote machine
and for executing commands on a remote machine.
It provides secure encrypted communications between two untrusted
hosts over an insecure network. X11 connections and arbitrary TCP/IP
ports can also be forwarded over the secure channel.
It can be used to provide applications with a secure communication
This package provides the ssh, scp and sftp clients, the ssh-agent
and ssh-add programs to make public key authentication more convenient,
and the ssh-keygen, ssh-keyscan, ssh-copy-id and ssh-argv0 utilities.
In some countries it may be illegal to use any encryption at all
without a special permit.
ssh replaces the insecure rsh, rcp and rlogin programs, which are
obsolete for most purposes.
- openssh-client 1:5.3p1-3ubuntu3 in amd64 (Release)
- openssh-client 1:5.3p1-3ubuntu3 in armel (Release)
- openssh-client 1:5.3p1-3ubuntu3 in i386 (Release)
- openssh-client 1:5.3p1-3ubuntu3 in ia64 (Release)
- openssh-client 1:5.3p1-3ubuntu3 in powerpc (Release)
- openssh-client 1:5.3p1-3ubuntu3 in sparc (Release)