How do I verify a
Stability improvements and important fixes for the 0.C release.
- Fixed singleplayer startup crashes (and crashes when hovering the mouse over a Grinder with an Ivan infantry selected) on some machines
- Fixed a potential crash when using the DumpMemory Keyboard Command
- Fixed a stale pointer issue that could happen when abducting a unit that is currently disabled by EMP
- Fixed a bug in abductor logic that would cause erratic behavior and crashes
- Fixed a memory leak related to temporal weapons and Gunner logic
- Fixed a bug in handling temporal weapons together with Gunner logic
- Fixed rectangular SW.Ranges having a too large extent in each dimension
- Fixed a bug in sorting foundation cells
Ares 0.C adds Bounty, Particle optimizations, and many more smaller features.
- Particle optimizations
- Promotion sound, EVA messsage and flash customizations
- Reworked Spotlights and Alpha lights
Animation damage is broken in this build.
Ares 0.9 continues to improve upon existing features while adding a handful of moderately large new features. In other words: it is another smaller release without groundbreaking new toys. Stability has been improved, which is always good. Internals have also been changed a bit, and some amounts of work went into optimizing Ares and making existing code run faster.
- Multiple Super Weapons on a building
- Super Weapons depending on Country, multiple AuxBuildings or negative AuxBuildings
- Super Weapon Inhibitors
- AI now supports Super Weapon ranges, designators and inhibitors
- More customizable AI targeting types for Super Weapons
- Cash Producing upgrades for buildings
- More than 8 facings for units
- Several minor additions and bug fixes
Contains a preliminary documentation.
Ares 0.8 adds several features known from Tiberian Sun, expands old features and adds some more.
- EM Pulse Cannon Super Weapon
- Toggle Power Keyboard Command and AI support
- More options for Advanced Rubble
- Academy tech buildings
- Hide Repair Wrench from enemy players
- Customizable owner for Unit Delivery SW
- Several minor changes and bugfixes
This version is almost final, and no more changes are expected at the moment. The documentation is not entirely done and will be worked on til the release.
This release candidate contains a binary with all features complete, and an old 0.7 documentation.
Ares 0.7 increases stability on Windows 8 and brings back the Hunter Seeker and Drop Pods super weapons as well as the Splits logic known from Firestorm. The score screens graphics and themes are now customizable, and a few more minor features have been added.
- Better stability
- Hunter Seeker SW
- Drop Pod SW
- Splits weapon logic and Airburst enhancements
- Range and ProjectileRange tags implemented
- BallisticScatter deglobalized
- Consider civilian units as enemy in multiplayer matches
- Better support for landmine buildings
- Score screen graphics and music customizable