This project is split in 3 parts :
- Cairo-Dock-Core (the minimal - https:/
- Cairo-Dock-Plug-ins (a collection of views, applets, animations, effects, etc. - https:/
The Cairo-Dock-Session project aims to provide an easy way to install a session that is desktop agnostic and uses Cairo-Dock as a Shell (the main interface).
=== INSTALLATION ===
Please see our wiki for an excellent installation guide : http://
Tarballs of the sources are available at : https:/
A stable ppa is available here : https:/
You can easily get the cutting-edge version of Cairo-dock thanks to our weekly-build repository :
- for Ubuntu users : https:/
- for Debian users : https:/
=== NEED SOME HELP ? ===
See our wiki ! http://
You can find : how to launch the dock at startup, how to customise it, how to resolve some recurrent problems (black background, messages at startup, etc.) , how to help us, who we are, etc.
A useful tutorial is also available to help you customize your dock : http://
If you have other questions not solved on our wiki you can post them on our forum (in english or french) : http://
=== JOIN THE PROJECT ! ===
* Want to HACK into the dock or write an APPLET ? see the complete C API here : http://
* You don't like C and still want to write an APPLET for the dock or CONTROL it from a script or the terminal ? see its powerful DBus API here : http://
* You have some IDEAS / PROPOSITIONS ? You need some help to develop an applet ? Feel free post a topic on our forum ! We'll be happy to answer you !
* You want to TRANSLATE Cairo-Dock in your language ? Use the 'Translations' tab in Launchpad, it's very simple to use it and helpful for us !
=== BUG REPORTS ===
You can report bugs in Launchpad under the 'Bugs' section. If possible :
* Read our wiki : specially the 'Recurrent Problems' section : http://
* Please include also some information like your distribution, your achitecture (32/64bits), your Desktop Manager (Gnome, KDE, XFCE,...) your Window Manager (Compiz, Metacity, Kwin, etc.), if you use Cairo-Dock with or without OpenGL, with which theme, etc.
* Include the method to reproduce the bug (which actions, which options activated)
* Run the dock with the command
reproduce the bug and join the content of debug.txt.
* If it's a crash and you know how to use a debugger (like ddd), it's extremely helpful.
Thanks for your help !
PS : for any bugs in BZR (alpha or beta release), please post them on our forum ! http://
Project group information
All bugs Latest bugs reported
Bug #1659957: Update translations
Reported on 2017-01-27
Bug #1624419: dnd2share says there is no internet
Reported on 2016-09-16
Bug #1623306: Translation error: 'lock icon's positions'
Reported on 2016-09-14
Bug #1623287: Compilation script does not work!
Reported on 2016-09-14
Bug #1623012: Intellij Idea works differently when started from Cairo Dock
Reported on 2016-09-13
More contributors Top contributors
All questions Latest questions
Err:35 http://184.108.40.206/ppa.launchpad.net/cairo-dock-team/ppa/ubuntu xeni...
Posted on 2017-03-03
start ubuntu 14 as cairo-dock(gnome)
Posted on 2014-10-22
How do I add Cairo-Dock to Ubuntu 14.04 ?
Posted on 2014-10-06
After the last upgrade of Ubuntu 14.04 Cairo-Dock won't start (sig 11)
Posted on 2014-08-23
Unity bar intruding
Posted on 2014-08-19