Easy navigation to the source of Python exceptions
This package consists of two parts:
* send_tracebacks, a Python module that can replace the exception- and/or
warning-hook, so that messages are not only written to stdout, but send
over D-Bus to the gedit plugin.
* Python Traceback, a gedit plugin that provides the D-Bus interface and
shows the received message in the bottom pane. If a row is activated by
a double click or enter key, the file is opened at the relevant line.
There are different ways to use the plugin:
* Redirect tracebacks from every Python process on your system
by modifing /etc/pythonX.
* Redirect tracebacks just for a single Python application,
by modifing the app.
* Send an arbitrary message to gedit.
See also README and the examples
Version 1.2 of this plugin needs at least gedit 3.8.
Packages for Ubuntu are available in the PPA of the Gedit BC Developer Group: