Ikarus Scheme 0.0.2
This milestone for ikarus will achieve the following:
1. Speedup of compile time
* bootstrap time was cut from around 11 seconds down to less than 7 on my macbook
* the compiler benchmark (11000 lines) now compiles in about 3 seconds down from 10.
* the slatex benchmark (2350 lines) now compiles in under 1/3 of a second.
2. Speed up of run time
* Any code that's floating-point intensive gets a huge boost in performance.
(fibfp runs at -43%, fpsum at -46%, mbrot at -28%, pnpoly at -29%, sumfp at -48%, ray at -28%)
* Closure sizes have been optimized. Closures no longer close over the library's top-level variables.
3. 90% of R6RS (up from 80% in the 0.0.1 release)
4. Numerous bug fixes (thanks to all who submitted bug reports and suggestions for improvements)
The release candidate tarball can be downloaded from
Older release candidates
- Assigned to you:
- No blueprints or bugs assigned to you.
- 48 Abdulaziz Ghuloum
- No blueprints are targeted to this milestone.
- 48 Fix Released
Download files for this release
This release does not have a changelog.