Novel Writing Assistant (Version 1.7)
Available for Linux and Windows!
Kabikaboo is a tree-based note pad, designed to help you plan a book or complex project.
- Fonts: change the default fonts and sizes on your text, tree, tabs, and more! (complete)
- Darkroom: go fullscreen with just the text editor (F8)
- Margin Settings: a lot of text view related spacing settings now customizable
- No package yet, but available in repository
- Note Tree: infinitely customizable; you create all categories and subcategories.
- Edit Nodes: a simple node that you can write text inside of.
- View Nodes: recursively see any section of your tree, as if it were one document.
- Tabbed Notebook: keep as many nodes open as you want.
- Bookmarks: help you jump back to your favorite/important nodes.
- Visits: three different automatic lists of visited nodes.
- and much more
Kabikaboo is meant to help you plan a novel, but could be used for anything that would benefit from tree-based text organization. Kabikaboo is not meant to create a formatted document - you should use AbiWord/
In the future, we plan to support more writing features, such as: rich text editing, timelines, in-text node links, recursive editing, templates, and more.
Free and open source, created with Python, PyGTK, Glade, on Ubuntu Debian Linux GNU.
Chat: irc.freenode.net /join #kabikaboo
Volunteer testers, developers, and packagers wanted.
NEEDED: Mac installer.
Developed by David Kerr and Jeremy Bicha
Windows Installer by Cody Jackson
- Spellcheck: automatic spellcheck engine utilizing Enchant.
- Export: any node, recursively or not, to text or html, for printing.
- Import: your big text files and auto-split them into nodes.
- Statistics: word count with real time updates.
All code Code
- Version control system:
- Programming languages:
- Python, PyGTK
All packages Packages in Distributions
All bugs Latest bugs reported
Bug #1567088: Not feature for searching into a document
Reported on 2016-04-06
Bug #1524892: The project summary is outdated
Reported on 2015-12-10
Bug #1524890: Kaboo files do not open in Kabikaboo by default
Reported on 2015-12-10
Bug #1473495: I'm using 1.7. I understand that there's a spellchecker. It hasn't installed with my version.
Reported on 2015-07-10
Bug #1380130: Fails to launch
Reported on 2014-10-11