Install hundreds of Linux distributions on USB Stick or removable HDD.
LiveUSB Install is a free software for GNU/Linux and Windows.
With LiveUSB Install you can effortlessly install various Linux distributions on your thumbdrive.
This way, you can always carry your favourite distro in your pocket – on your bootable thumb drive!
- install hundreds of Linux distributions – full listing here - http://
- automatically download distributions from Internet – no need to download the ISO-image yourself!
- multiplatform – runs on Linux AND Windows
- created entirely with Free Software tools – Python, GTK, GIMP, Inkscape
- create “persistent” installs of Ubuntu and Debian-based distributions (so your documents are not lost after you reboot the thumb drive)
All bugs Latest bugs reported
Bug #1239729: control-file-has-bad-permissions
Reported on 2013-10-14
Bug #911117: Type select a distribution
Reported on 2012-01-03
Bug #893664: Unable to write syslinux to ext4/ext2 formatted USB pendrive
Reported on 2011-11-22
All packages Packages in Distributions
grml2usb source package in Wily
Version 0.14.12 uploaded on 2015-06-06
grml2usb source package in Vivid
Version 0.14.10.1 uploaded on 2015-03-04
grml2usb source package in Utopic
Version 0.14.6 uploaded on 2014-07-04
grml2usb source package in Trusty
Version 0.14.2 uploaded on 2013-10-31
grml2usb source package in Precise
Version 0.11.3 uploaded on 2012-01-03