OggConvert is a small Gnome utility that uses GStreamer to convert media files to the licence-free Theora, Dirac and Vorbis formats.
The main selling points are:
* It's painfully easy to use: drag a file onto the source bar (or use the file chooser) and hit convert. Of course, you can also change the quality settings and the output filename if you like.
* It uses GStreamer, so it can convert (almost) any file which Totem can play
* It can deal with audio-only files, video-only files, and files with many audio tracks (such as DVD rips with a commentary track).
* Thanks to the magic of GStreamer, metadata (for example, title and artist info on an MP3) is preserved
* Adheres to the Gnome HIG as much as possible
All code Code
- Version control system:
- Programming languages:
All bugs Latest bugs reported
Bug #1423494: Converting H.264 video to webm produces only audio
Reported on 2015-02-19
Bug #1229276: Please provide an AppData file
Reported on 2013-09-23
Bug #1111605: Trouble when converting a RMVB video?
Reported on 2013-01-31
Bug #1089309: typo in ocv_transcoder.py
Reported on 2012-12-12
Bug #1074987: [feature] multi core encoding
Reported on 2012-11-04