Upstart 0.6.5 released
Haven't quite followed the original release plan here, but I thought it
was important to get a new Upstart release out sooner rather than later
for the stable crowd. The main change here is that the libnih library
has been separated out into its own source tree (you can get it from
Launchpad), along with some merging of patches that had lived in the
Ubuntu branch of Upstart for a while back into the trunk.
0.6.5 2010-02-04 "Our last, best hope for victory"
* Since libnih has been separated out into its own project, Upstart
no longer includes its source and now uses the installed version by
* The external nih-dbus-tool means that cross-compilation is trivial,
the path to it may be overriden with NIH_DBUS_TOOL=... as an
argument to configure. (Bug: #426740)
* Developers may still build against a local libnih source tree by
* There is a new initctl "reload" command, with matching
main process of the named job instance.
* Event operator matches in jobs now support "!=" in addition to the
usual "=", e.g.:
* Moved D-Bus system bus reconnection trigger from SIGHUP to SIGUSR1,
since SIGHUP is already used for a forced configuration reload and
causes Upstart to "forget" state.
* Fixed bug where the default runlevel would be lost when an
* Fixed "Unhandled error" message from shutdown. (Bug: #426332)
* Fixed "Unhandled error" assertion crash from Upstart child
processes when failing to spawn a job. (Bug: #451917)
* No longer holds /dev/console open, so the SAK SysRq key will not
kill Upstart. (Bug: #486005)
* Restored sync() call before reboot().
* Added missing OPTIONS section to init(8) manpage. (Bug: #449883)