How do I verify a
Time to release!
Contains a bugfix for WEP hexadecimal network configurations (thanks, Axel Beckert!) and language updates.
This is a bugfixing release, with around 30 bugs squashed.
One new feature has been added; you can now manually control the speed of the wireless connection.
Changes for Packagers:
- Wicd now supports a -k option, which should be run by the init script
when the daemon is stopped to release the DHCP lease but should not
be run on a restart of the daemon.
- The ability has been added to split Wicd's components into multiple
directories. Use --gtk, --cli, --curses, and --daemon to
setup.py configure to specify the locations of the respective
- The preferred way to run the GTK UI is now to use wicd-gtk, not
wicd-client. wicd-gtk is a new addition to 1.7 that will never
run wicd-curses. wicd-client will automatically decide to run
wicd-curses if there is no X session available.
- Connection information is available by right clicking the tray icon
- Can set the hostname per network for all DHCP clients
- Now deals better if the interface disappears while running
- Will now start if the global script directories don't exist
- Adhoc window will now work correctly
- PSK can be generated from non-ASCII characters
- Fix a minor wicd-curses crash while connecting during a scan