Talk to me about:
- developing automatic tests (both upstream and with Debian/Ubuntu autopkgtest)
- the Linux plumbing stack (udev, udisks, upower, dbus, etc.)
- GNOME, in particular PyGObject
- automated crash/bug feedback (apport & Co)
- finding and installing device drivers (ubuntu-
- handling of hotpluggable devices (storage, cameras, scanners, etc.)
- language packs and i18n-related tasks
- Launchpad Id:
- Log in for email information.
- <email address hidden>
- Member since:
- Signed Ubuntu Code of Conduct:
All bugs in progress Assigned bugs
All assigned blueprints Assigned blueprints
There will only be one central YAML config for Snappy, Server, Client, MaaS, cloud-init in /etc/network/config (path and name TBD). All installers only generate this file. There is also a command line tool to drive some operations. Systems are configured during early boot with a “network renderer” which reads /e/n/c...
Local DNS resolver on all Ubuntu installs for Ubuntu
On desktop/touch, NetworkManager runs a local dnsmasq instance as a DNS resolver, which handles failover between multiple DNS servers. On Ubuntu server and cloud instances there is no such thing: DNS servers (via DHCP responses) get written to /etc/resolv.conf (via resolvconf, though) and glibc does the DNS resolut...
We moved to a cloud based proposed-migration autopkgtest setup in the last cycle (https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/foundations-w-cloud-autopkgtest). There are some leftovers and improvements to do.
We want to replace our hackish/brittle lp:auto-package-testing (adt-britney) + jenkins + tons of little rsynced state files + running tests on manually maintained static CI lab servers. All this should move to the cloud for scalability, reducing the CI lab size, simplifying the structure of proposed-migration and ma...
Personal package archives
|PPA named daily-builds for Martin Pitt|
|[Deprecated] PostgreSQL backports for stable Ubuntu releases|
|PPA for Martin Pitt|