News and announcements
* Add '--no-dbus' command-line option for the init(8) daemon (allowing
event propagation to the Session Init via the upstart-
* Serialise Session Init job environment table on re-exec (LP: #1238078).
- Allow watching for directory creation (LP: #1221466).
- Reduce default output.
checks on input validity (LP: #1234898).
* Improved Session Init shutdown speed (LP: #1227212).
* New configure options: '--disable-
* Added upstart-
* Retain umask for Session Init (LP: #1240686).
* Make Session Init connect to D-Bus Session Bus on request
(LP: #1203595, #1235649)
* Improved build-time ABI compliance checking.
* Doc updates and lots of test refinements.
* New "reload signal" stanza to allow jobs to specify a custom signal that will be sent to the main process
(rather than the default SIGHUP).
* Inclusion of Session Init sample jobs.
* Re-exec fixes for handling chroot sessions.
* Shutdown fix for Session Inits.
* New python3 module and accompanying integration test suite for testing Upstart running as PID 1 and as a Session Init
(priveleged and non-privileged).
* Fix respawn behaviour regression (introduced in version 1.8) affecting
jobs which also specify shell meta-characters in the exec stanza (LP: #1181789).
* Fix common bug which could cause a bridge to crash (LP: #1197225).
* Various fixes for libupstart.
* initctl2dot: Layout improvements.
* Apparmor support added by means of two new stanzas: 'apparmor load' and 'apparmor switch' (thanks Marc Deslauriers).
* Stateful re-exec: now serialises all objects, not just the minimum set.
* Allow inherited environment variables to be unset for Session Inits.
* Ability to specify multiple configuration directories when running as a Session Init.
* libupstart: Client library for communicating with Upstart.
* The usual round of fixes and doc improvements.