We are developing and packaging a free audio-recorder for Linux.
Please join to the team to help maintain this awesome software.
This amazing program allows you to record your favourite music and audio to a file. It can record audio from your system's sound card, microphones, browsers, webcams & more. Put simply; if it plays out of your loudspeakers you can record it.
It has an advanced timer that can:
* Start, stop or pause recording at a given clock time.
* Start, stop or pause after a time period.
* Stop when the recorded file size exceeds a limit.
* Start recording on voice or sound (user can set the audio threshold).
* Stop or pause recording on "silence" (user can set the audio threshold and delay).
The recording can be automatically controlled by MPRIS2-compatible media players.
Skype. It can also record all your Skype calls without any user interaction, but PLEASE NOTICE THE FOLLOWING:
Microsoft has NOT YET implemented the Skype-API in the very latest Skype version. It cannot communicate with Audio-Recorder or any other desktop application due to missing DBus API. Ok?
This program supports several audio (output) formats such as OGG audio, FLAC, MP3 and WAV.
It lets you choose a recording device like microphone, webcam, audio card output (record output of loudspeakers), etc.
Please read the INSTALL and README files before compilation.
The INSTALL file has a list of package dependencies.
* PACKAGES FOR UBUNTU 15.x, 16.x, 17.x and LINUX MINT 18.x :
Ready-made packages for Ubuntu 15.x, 16.x, 17.x and Linux Mint 18.x are available from:
* OLDER PACKAGES FOR UBUNTU 14.10, 14.04 AND EARLIER UBUNTU VERSIONS:
* INCLUDES PACKAGES FOR LINUX-MINT 13, 17, 17.x.
Notice: This repository will not be updated after April 2015 !
Linux Mint 18.x is based on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS (Xenial Xerus).
Linux Mint 17, 17.1, 17.2 and 17.3 are based on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS (Trusty Tahr).
Linux Mint 13 is based on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS (Precise Pangolin).