GNU Mailman 3.0.0a6 "Cut to the Chase"
- Assigned to you:
- No blueprints or bugs assigned to you.
- 11 Barry Warsaw
- No blueprints are targeted to this milestone.
- 1 Incomplete, 1 Invalid, 3 Fix Committed, 8 Fix Released
Download files for this release
3.0 alpha 6 -- "Cut to the Chase"
* The functionality of 'bin/list_members' has been moved to
* 'bin/mailman info' -v/--verbose output displays the file system
layout paths Mailman is currently configured to use.
* You can now configure the paths Mailman uses for queue files, lock files,
data files, etc. via the configuration file. Define a file system 'layout'
and then select that layout in the [mailman] section. Default layouts
include 'local' for putting everything in /var/tmp/mailman, 'dev' for local
development, and 'fhs' for Filesystem Hierarchy Standard 2.3 (LP #490144).
* Queue file directories now live in $var_dir/queues.
* lazr.restful has been replaced by restish as the REST publishing technology
used by Mailman.
* New REST API for getting all the members of a roster for a specific mailing
* New REST API for getting and setting a mailing list's configuration. GET
and PUT are supported to retrieve the current configuration, and set all
the list's writable attributes in one request. PATCH is supported to
partially update a mailing list's configuration. Individual options can be
set and retrieved by using subpaths.
* Subscribing an already subscribed member via REST now returns a 409 HTTP
error. LP: #552917
* Fixed a bug when deleting a list via the REST API. LP: #601899
* X-BeenThere header is removed.
* Mailman no longer touches the Sender or Errors-To headers.
* Chain actions can now fire Zope events in their _process()
* Environment variable $MAILMAN_VAR_DIR can be used to control the var/
directory for Mailman's runtime files. New environment variable
* Allow X-Approved and X-Approve headers, equivalent to Approved and
Approve. LP: #557750
* Various test failure fixes. LP: #543618, LP: #544477
* List-Post header is retained in MIME digest messages. LP: #526143
* Importing from a Mailman 2.1.x list is partially supported.
This release does not have a changelog.